|For an overview of assault rifle models in all games, see assault rifle.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The M16A1 was the chief rifle used by the US marines during the start of the 21st century, and was later to be replaced by the M4 carbine. Composed of durable aluminum alloy and hearty plastic.
This gun is a nice alternative to players already using the AK47, as it has greater range and uses a different ammunition type.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Peoria found in a locker in the southwest part of the facility.
- Great Bend, carried by several of the robots.
- Coldwater, 8 carried by BOS deserters
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The United States military still uses variants of the M16 rifle, namely the M16A4, to this day.
- The image bears more resemblance to the newer M16A2 than the older M16A1 variant so maybe the model is based on the C7 of Canada or the NORICO CQ of China since them like M16A2 but actually M16A1.