|For an overview of machine gun models in various games, see Machine gun.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
The Belgian made M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) was adopted widely in the late 20th Century as a squad level machine gun, vastly increasing the firepower available to individual squads.”
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- This weapon starts to appear in great quantities during campaign against super mutants. There are 25 in the St. Louis mission, 21 in Jefferson, 29 in the Kansas City and 26 in Osceolla. Basically any armed super mutant will have either a SAW or an M60 after St. Louis.
- There's one in the chest with that Chauchat under Junction City.
- 1 carried by humanoid bot in Great Bend
- In Coldwater, 2 carried by BOS deserters, another one can be found in hideout beyond the altar
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The real life Minimi M249 SAW uses the 5.56mm round, rather than the 7.62mm it is chambered for in Fallout Tactics.