In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
You get this title by joining one of the four (Bishop / Mordino / Salvatore / Wright) mafia families in New Reno and having more than 4 Intelligence. For each mafia families there is a chain of quests, upon the completion of which you become a Made Man of that family.
- You gain popularity in New Reno.
- You can have free sex at the Cat's Paw.
- You can see the special stock and get discounts at the New Reno Arms.
- You can paralyze Jagged Jimmy J when you have IN < 4 and if you want by choosing the line "How can one TRULY know another, Jimmy? Is it even possible while we are on this mortal coil? Or is it only possible when we free ourselves from our physical bodies?"
- You can try the porn audition at the Golden Globes if you have CH < 9
- You are hated by other mafia families.
- Drug dealers and bartenders in New Reno charge you more.
- If you don't want to get the Made Man title, you can still complete the final quest for each family as long as you don't return to the boss for your reward.
- If you wear any power armor, other mafia families won't recognize you, only if you talk to them.
- If you're a Made Man of another family than Wright, you can't talk to the Wright kids.
- If you're a Made Man of the Bishops, you can more easily negotiate with T-Ray in the quest Recover your stolen car.
- You will lose the Made Man title if you turn against your own family.
- For each family boss, there's a way to assassinate them without getting blamed for it and killing a boss "silently" or in these special ways will not remove the Made Man title.
- It's possible to become a member of each mafia family, just don't become a Made Man of the Salvatores until you've got the quest from Mordino to kill Salvatore.
- If you have a family quest active when you turn that family hostile, the quest will be set to failed in your quest list.
- Although the in-game description says "you look great in a fedora", no wearable fedoras are present in the game, and they are only seen worn by casino bouncers.
Behind the scenes
- Oddly, the sentence for paralyzing Jagged Jimmy J while having IN < 4 is not the usual low intelligence sentence, poorly constructed and difficult to understand by the player; instead it reads more like something that a more intellectual character could say.
Made Man in a Fallout 2 loading screen