Camp Golf is where they shuffle off anybody they don't want any more. Assignment here is a career ender.”
Background[edit | edit source]
A New Reno native, Mags left the city to make something of herself in the ranks of New California's military. She initially joined the NCRA to become a Ranger and become the best of the best, but she didn't make the cut and got thrown in with the others who washed out. It is obvious she didn't make the cut, but even in the regular NCRA, she got stationed with the Misfits, who she has absolutely no faith in. Regardless of what she thinks, she doesn't tend to lead by example and places the blame squarely on her squad mates. She has become increasingly bitter of being stationed at Camp Golf, as according to her, "assignment [there] is a career ender."
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Flags of Our Foul-Ups: Mags has her own plan for improving the performance of her squad. She will focus on firearms and grenade training, and the player will have to instruct them. There are three Guns checks to complete (25, 35, and 45), and three Explosives checks (25, 35, and 45). Talking to her completes the quest. This ensures a positive ending for the Misfits: If the NCR wins the Second Battle of Hoover Dam, she is promoted to Sergeant and her unit serves the Army with distinction for years.
- Alternatively, if the player follows O'Hanrahan's advice, she will need to be convinced to be a proper leader with Speech 40.
- No, Not Much: Resolving the Misfits' problems is necessary for Camp Golf to send aid to Bitter Springs.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|NCR bandoleer armor|
|Frag grenades x4|
Drops on death
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Mags appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "Tell me a little about yourself."
Mags: "Not much to tell, really. I grew up in New Reno, joined up, took my shot at being a Ranger. Didn't make it, so I'm stuck with this crew of jokers."
- The Courier: "Why'd you join the Army?"
Mags: "I guess I wanted to make something of myself, you know? Be the best of the best. I *wanted* to be a ranger, but... guess this is as close as I get."
- The Courier: "How come you didn't make it into the Rangers?"
Mags: "Gee, I dunno, maybe because I'm saddled with the worst damn unit in the NCR Army? Think that might have something to do with it?"
- The Courier: "Sgt. McCredie asked me to talk to you about getting your squad in shape."
Mags: "He did, huh? Well, good luck with that. You'd have an easier time teaching radroaches to march in formation."
- The Courier: "Well, maybe if you tried to lead by example instead of tearing them down."
Mags: "[SUCCEEDED] You really think so? Hell, I guess it's worth a shot."
- The Courier: "Sounds like you aren't too fond of your squadmates."
Mags: "Yeah. I mean, no, they're okay people, but they don't care, y'know? They don't have any ambition. No drive. They're slacking off, and that reflects badly on me."
- The Courier: "How'd you end up assigned to Camp Golf?"
Mags: "Easy - this is where they send all the fuck-ups and people they don't want. But hey, it's not like I'm bitter or anything."
The Courier: "This place doesn't seem so bad."
Mags: "Please. Camp Golf is where they shuffle off anybody they don't want any more. Assignment here is a career ender."