Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Knight (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For the Brotherhood Knights in New Vegas, see Knight (Mojave chapter). For other uses, see Knight.|
Caravan, citizen, pilgrim, or...?”
Background[edit | edit source]
Major Knight has been stationed at the Mojave Outpost "for ages now" dealing with the caravans that come through. Dealing mostly refers to logging outpost traffic, which is slowly building up as more people come in and less go out, much to his annoyance. His main role is to repair the soldiers' and travelers' items in exchange for caps. He is an expert repairman, so he charges a lot for repairs.
Despite the Mojave Outpost being the administrative headquarters in the area around Primm, and as much as Knight would like to offer support to Lieutenant Hayes' unit near Primm, red tape prevents him from doing so. He may be willing to lend a hand against orders in order to help Primm but it would take a lot of convincing or a lot of bottle caps.
Although he is homosexual, Knight is currently hiding his sexuality while at the outpost. While they are accepted back west in California, "friendships," as he calls them, do not fair well at the outpost on the fringes of the republic. If he could have "friendships," he would, but while he is on duty he must stay professional. All things considered, the Republic is still a sight better than Caesar's Legion so Knight doesn't mind keeping secrets.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: 100|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- My Kind of Town: Major Knight can be convinced to send some needed aid to Primm. Alternatively, he can be convinced to give Meyers a pardon so he can become Primm's new sheriff if chosen by the courier.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- With Confirmed Bachelor, a male Courier can flirt with Major Knight. The embarrassed Major will deny the advances, stating that gay relationships might be accepted in the heartland, but the frontier is much less tolerant.
- If Ranger Jackson dies for any reason, Knight will stop repairing items or engaging in dialogue.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|NCR trooper armor|
Drops on death
* Bottle caps spent on repair are added to his inventory.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "[Not exciting enough for you?] It ain't so bad. If Caesar's Legion decides to push West through Nipton ol' Mojave Outpost here will be the front line."
- "[What?] Just need something for the log book, keeping tabs on traffic through the Outpost... although mostly just in, not out these days. If you're looking for the commanding officer, he's in the back. Although... he's got a lot on his plate, so if you speak with him... keep it short. Also, you need any gear checked, we can get you up and running again... once you fill out the work orders, and sign for the parts, of course."
- "[Can you tell me about the Outpost?] NCR border guard duty mostly. It's our job to make sure the caravans can move safely along I-15 and Highway 95. Not the best posting or assignment, but it beats being sent East, or patrolling the Colorado. Legion's pretty thick there."
- "[[Confirmed Bachelor] You didn't tell me your name.] Oh - Knight. You must not be from around here. If so... it doesn't do to get too friendly."
- "[What do you mean?] This isn't the Republic. Oddly enough, Legion's a little more forgiving about... friendships. Out here, it's not as accepted. Not that I mind being friends, it's just being open about it in the Outpost... well, I have to work here."
- "[Didn't realize NCR was so spineless.] Now wait a minute - Republic's a sight better than... other alternatives. Women are serving here, after all. The rest... well, might take some time. And they're more accepting back West, like I said. In the meantime..."
- "[Forget it, then, you're a waste of time.] Wait... wait a minute. Look. Some things in the NCR are... aren't ideal. But I want to help. If you need something repaired... let me know, I can sign the work order. As long as caps change hands, I can put them back in yours. I... would, perhaps some other time. When my orders take me to Vegas, perhaps. Wish things were different, but might take some time."
- "[I need repairs.] All right then... just sign here, here, and... here."
- "[Primm has seen better days.] It has. It was a promising trade town - before the escape at the correctional facility. Lost a good bit of money at the Vikki and Vance."
- "[Anything I can do to help around here?] More than you already have? Might want to ask around, but truth is, you've already helped out a lot in the short time you've been here."
- "[Anything I can do to help around here?] I suppose you could talk to Ghost, up on top of the barracks - uh, Ranger Ghost. Something about trouble in Nipton, maybe."
- "[Anything I can do to help around here?] Help? Oh, well... you could speak to Ranger Jackson. He might have something for you. He sort of runs things around here, mostly ends up sending reports back West that aren't filled with the best news."
- "Been doing a lot of good work out there, setting an example for the others - I know Ranger Jackson appreciates it."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Knight appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.