In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For an overview of gauntlets in the Fallout series of games, see gauntlet.|
Visually, the weapon consists of a severed mantis foreleg, fitted to the wielder's forearm and reinforced with metal bars and leather straps. A handle on the "blade" allows stability. Although requiring a high Unarmed skill to use, it features a lackluster damage, though its quick attack rate somewhat makes up for the loss. It's selling point, however, is the critical multiplier of 3, allowing it to deal double damage more often.
- Embrace of the Mantis King! , a unique variant evidently from the "Mantis King", that has greater damage but a slower attack.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Mantis gauntlet||20||60.7||2||x3||30||22||10||50||750||Unarmed:75 Strength:4|
|Embrace of the Mantis King!||42||65.7||1.6||x3||64||25||12||80||8500||Unarmed:75 Strength:4|
- Quartermaster Bardon at the Hoover Dam, the Great Khan armorer at the Great Khan armory, Mick of Mick & Ralph's in Freeside and Miguel at Miguel's Pawn Shop in Westside sell mantis gauntlets after the player is level 12 or above.
- Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company sells mantis gauntlets after the player is level 16 or above.
- Mantis gauntlet are often used by White Legs bone-breakers in Zion Canyon.
- The mantis gauntlet used to have a DT bypassing effect, but it was removed in a patch.
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The mantis gauntlet was to be a crafted weapon, similar to the deathclaw gauntlet from Fallout 3. Several resources, including an item called Schematics - Mantis Scythe point to this, though the inconsistency of the remaining resources as well as their only partial implementation make the specifics unclear.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|