As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
I'm not sure who's the bigger fool, him or me. After all I married him.”— Manya Vargas, talking about her husband, Nathan Vargas.
Manya Vargas is a resident of Megaton and the wife of Nathan Vargas in Fallout 3.
Born in 2213, she and Nathan used to run a caravan line together, but by now have managed to save enough caps and supplies to live out their retirement in Megaton. Manya's honest and courteous exterior doesn't reveal that she's witnessed every misery that the wasteland has to offer. She is extremely wise and knowledgeable - two traits that allow her to continue to thrive and live in Megaton.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- There is a unique dialogue choice regarding Megaton's ownership if Sheriff Simms dies.
- Manya is one of the oldest residents of Megaton, and thus knows much about the history of the town. If the Lone Wanderer asks her about Megaton and how it was built, she will tell the Lone Wanderer stories about how the town started.
- The Replicated Man: Manya is a member of The Railroad. The Lone Wanderer can find this out by finding a holotape recording she keeps in her home and she admits to it when the Lone Wanderer asks her about it.
|Wasteland settler outfit|
|House key - Nathan and Manya|
Drops on death
- Occasionally Manya will ask if the Lone Wanderer has seen her husband, Nathan. However if, the Lone Wanderer finds him and even talks to him, she will still ask if they have seen him. Nathan also wonders about where Manya is at random times.
- If Nathan is killed at Raven Rock during The American Dream, or at all, the Lone Wanderer will no longer be able to open dialogue with Manya, instead she will simply acknowledge that he is dead, and will sometimes drift off thinking of him before he died, indicating she cared for him far more than previously indicated, saying, "Sorry, I was just thinking of Nathan before he died," if the Lone Wanderer tries communicating with her. Oddly, if she communicates with the Lone Wanderer, she will simply ask, "Have you seen Nathan anywhere?"
Manya Vargas appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.83: "Manya
Manya, 64, is a sweet old lady. She and Nathan used to run a caravan line together and have managed to save enough Caps and supplies to live out their retirement in Megaton. Manya's sweet exterior doesn't reveal that she's witnessed every misery that the Wasteland has to offer. She is extremely wise and knowledgeable—two traits that allow her to continue to thrive and live in Megaton."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)