Mark of Caesar
Mark of Caesar
The Mark allows safe passage to Caesar's camp, even if the player has a low reputation with Caesar's Legion. It does so by erasing any negative Legion reputation the player may have earned before receiving the Mark.
- Being a quest item, the Mark of Caesar cannot be dropped, even if the Courier sides with the New California Republic in the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
- Caesar's Legion may still be hostile towards the player even when carrying the Mark. This occurs if the player travels with a companion that is hostile towards the Legion (including and especially Craig Boone).
- They will also be hostile if you are wearing another faction's clothing while wearing the Mark of Caesar (i.e., NCR).
- Attacking Legionaries, or otherwise gaining Caesar's Legion infamy, will result in the failure of the quest Render Unto Caesar, despite holding the Mark.
- Attacking Vulpes Inculta or Alerio when either of them gives you the Mark will result in the Legion becoming permanently hostile.
- This item is identical in appearance to the Legion Denarius.
- If the player uses setquestobject 001374ae 0 on the Mark of Caesar and dropped, it will look like a holotape.
- It is possible to gain two of these. By fast-travelling after leaving the Tops, you will have one added to your inventory; then go back to the strip and talk to Vulpes or Alerio, and they will give you one more.
- The Fort. You can get a second mark when leaving