Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Mark of Caesar
Mark of Caesar
The Mark allows safe passage to Caesar's camp, even if the player has a low reputation with Caesar's Legion. It does so by erasing any negative Legion reputation the player may have earned before receiving the Mark.
- Being a quest item, the Mark of Caesar cannot be dropped, even if the Courier sides with the New California Republic in the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
- Caesar's Legion may still be hostile towards the player even when carrying the Mark. This occurs if the player travels with a companion that is hostile towards the Legion (including and especially Craig Boone).
- They will also be hostile if you are wearing another faction's clothing while wearing the Mark of Caesar (i.e., NCR).
- Attacking Legionaries, or otherwise gaining Caesar's Legion infamy, will result in the failure of the quest Render Unto Caesar, despite holding the Mark.
- Attacking Vulpes Inculta or Alerio when either of them gives you the Mark will result in the Legion becoming permanently hostile.
- This item is identical in appearance to the Legion Denarius.
- If the player uses setquestobject 001374ae 0 on the Mark of Caesar and dropped, it will look like a holotape.
- It is possible to gain two of these. By fast-travelling after leaving the Tops, you will have one added to your inventory; then go back to the strip and talk to Vulpes or Alerio, and they will give you one more.
- The Fort. You can get a second mark when leaving