In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
|For an overview of Battle rifle models throughout the Fallout series, see Battle rifle.|
Filling in the gap between regular assault rifles and sniper rifles, the marksman rifle is designed for infantrymen deployed in the designated marksman role. It is built on the assault carbine platform, as an air-cooled, gas-operated rifle, with a rotating bolt, actuated by direct impingement gas operation. However, to better fit its tactical role, it is optimized for accuracy, rather than rate of fire. It features a precision adjustable stock, a tactical rail accessory system in place of the top receiver, typically with a 2.86x telescopic sight mounted on top, and fires in semi-automatic mode only, from a 20-round 5.56mm round magazine.
The Marksman carbine is a semi-automatic, medium-power rifle with a 20-round magazine, created specifically for use by American paratroopers. Mounted with a 2.86x zoom scope that shares the same reticle as the anti-materiel rifle and sniper rifle, it is highly accurate and deadly at long range with a Guns skill of 100. With its good damage, an extremely high rate of fire and a good sized magazine, it can deal a large amount of damage-per-second, making it versatile and useful against most enemies.
When fully repaired, the Marksman carbine can fire 1995 standard rounds.
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
- All-American, a unique camouflaged version of the Marksman carbine that packs more punch, has a faster rate of fire and is more accurate.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Marksman carbine||Scoped assault rifle||24||136.8||5.7||x1||14||0.04||14||5.56mm round||20||6||400||5200||Guns:100 Strength:4|
|All-American||Scoped assault rifle||26||156||6||x1||26||0.035||13||5.56mm round||24||6||400||5600||Guns:100 Strength:4|
- Nellis array, Nellis Air Force Base - in the entrance area on the floor next to the dead Boomer.
- Vault 34 - located in the armory.
- Gun Runners - can be purchased from Vendortron after level 16.
- Hidden Valley bunker - can be purchased from Torres.
- Carried by many NCR troopers and Caesar's Legion soldiers at higher levels, mostly during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.
- Carried by Legionary assassins once higher player level is reached.
- One of them can be found near Securitron de-construction plant in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues on the pipe to the east from the main entrance. Just follow the pipe until you can find a spot which you can jump up onto the pipe.