Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Mason District is a district in D.C. Ruins of the Capital Wasteland.
Located on the west side of the Potomac River, Mason District can be reached through three underground tunnels: Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro from Falls Church; through the flooded metro (at the southern terminus of the district); and the Hubris Comics utility tunnel. Mason District mainly consists a large flooded park surrounded by buildings, with a metro entrance to the south and north. It has been set up as a super mutant stronghold, where they are holding a wastelander captive.
Prior to the flooded park, on Andrew Avenue, is a destroyed building housing a couple of super mutants. Nearby is Mason Station, but it is blocked by rubble. In the southwest corner of the park at the corner of Dexter and Jarndyce is a small building called Mason Alcove with a long dead sniper inside.
On the east side of the square is Jarndyce Way which runs north to south. From along the park inside the parking lot on Jarndyce Way, is Hubris Comics and Franklin Metro tunnels. Nearby is a Pulowski Preservation shelter that contains a Dean's Electronics.
Marked Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro. Like all stations, the subway tunnels are destroyed. The subway tracks ran east to west. On the westbound track, to the east of the platform, a track coming from the south-east intersects. A secured door for Franklin Metro Utility is located on this track. The platform is buried under debris, while the mezzanine has been converted into a raiders camp. The station lobby is pretty much intact. On the lobby level, there is a restroom with a toilet trap.
Hubris Comics is located in the north end of the Mason District, next to the Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro tunnels. It can be reached from Falls Church via those tunnels, from the other end of Mason District via the Flooded Metro tunnels and from a sewage grate leading to a drainage culvert nearby Wilhelm's Wharf.
Possibly the easiest way to get to Hubris Comics is via the Hubris Comics utility tunnels. These can be entered via a sewer grate at the edge of the water just northwest of Wilhelm's Wharf, directly north to the outhouse. There is radiation and great number of feral ghouls in the tunnels.
Directly outside of the flooded metro entrance, there are some radioactive barrels with radroaches skittering around them. Beyond that, there is nothing of note.
- A Dean's Electronics in the Pulowski Preservation shelter just outside Hubris Comics.
- A Guns and Bullets on the second floor of a building that overlooks the park (SW corner). A sniper rifle, stimpaks, two frag grenades and three ammunition boxes are also here in what appears to have been a sniper's nest.
- Three Chinese assault rifles and four ammunition boxes in a cart just south of the wasteland captive.
- Two Chinese assault rifles and four ammunition boxes in the super mutant hideout further south.
Behind the scenes
- Mason District is an actual location in nearby Fairfax County, Virginia, and it even has a park complete with play ground.
Mason District appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.452 Its number 20.G in the strategy guide.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.452 Its number 20.F in the strategy guide.