Mass Pike tunnel
Mass Pike tunnel
Background[edit | edit source]
The Massachusetts Turnpike tunnel running underneath Boston has been compromised by severe flooding and tunnel collapses in several places, but it still connects the opposite parts of the city. A gang of raiders control the southern section of the tunnel, and have set up fortifications and traps to keep the feral ghouls in the north.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The tunnel is straightforward. Its ends are marked by exits to the western and eastern entrances, while halfway through it has entrances to side areas. The northern one features a flooded utility room with a steamer trunk, while the southern one has Detective Perry's body and some loot behind an Advanced-level terminal, including a chemistry station and a power armor station. The Boston Police rationing site can also be accessed through the southern end.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Shamrock edition of Taboo Tattoos is found in the southern tunnel off the main tunnel, though a door accessed through by an Advanced-locked terminal. Det. Perry's holotape and the Mass. Pike Tunnel password is nearby.
- Sgt. Reise holotape is behind the skeletal Sergeant Reise through the hole in the wall, adjacent from Det. Perry's skeleton.
- A fusion core is found in the generator through the hallway that leads west from in the south tunnel, past the power armor station.
- Mini nuke, in the rubble of the collapsed wall of the generator room.
- Two Nuka-Cola Quantums
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a teddy bear hospital taking place on the bus next to the west entrance. Another teddy is even in the bus' driver's seat.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Mass Pike tunnel appears only in Fallout 4.