We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Med-Tek Laboratories (occasionally misspelled Medtech or Med-Tex, and simply called Med-Tek) was a pre-War corporation active in the biomedical and pharmaceutical sectors.
One of the pre-eminent biomedical research companies in the United States, Med-Tek focused on enabling better living through chemistry. Their flagship products included the Mentats brand of addictive nootropics (in a variety of flavors) and Fixer brand of addiction suppressants. It also released a series of personal chemical kits under the deceptively simple names My First Infirmary and My First Laboratory, which were fully capable of automatically diagnosing and treating any injury or level of irradiation and removing addictions or producing chemical compounds respectively.
To maintain demand, Med-Tek heavily invested in public relations campaigns, such as branded promotions at the National Archives, featuring flavored Mentats variants. Coupled with the proven efficacy of its brand of nootropics, Mentats enjoyed a stable demand in school districts and colleges, which only increased with time and population. Fixer was also very popular, particularly in zones seeded by the company in advance with addictive drugs. The latest miracle drug manufactured by the company, Prevent, was projected to be another sales hit - though whether it was due to "seeding" or genuine efficacy will remain unknown.
Med-Tek also heavily invested in research on infectious diseases, specially tailored viruses that targeted specific populations and even specific age groups. The work was centered in Malden, MA, with the child company Med-Tek Research, which was sealed up tightly on the eve of the Great War thanks to an advance warning received by the company's CEO.
- My First Infirmary
- My First Laboratory
- Super Duper stimpak
Behind the scenes
- The company's name is misspelled as Med-Tex, Med Tex, or even Medtech in textures and a few terminals.
The company's products appear in all Fallout games to date.
- The Lone Wanderer: "Can you explain how the My First Infirmary works?"
Wadsworth: "An innovation from Med-Tek, the My First Infirmary will automatically diagnose and treat any injury you might sustain. It will also make any of the pesky rads you've accumulated in the Wasteland vanish instantly."
- The Lone Wanderer: "Can you explain how the My First Laboratory works?"
Wadsworth: "From the keen minds at Med-Tek, the My First Laboratory will instantly detoxify you, removing any nasty addictions from your body. If you're feeling the need to experiment, just set the lab to "brew" and a day later, it will produce a random useful compound. Remember that while the lab is brewing, you can't use the detoxify functions."
- Prize Redemption Terminal, Redeem Voucher
- Administrator Berkeley's Terminal, Notice u89003
- The lecture halls of Vault-Tec University have many hidden stashes of mentats.
- Med-Tek research terminals: "From: Med-Tek Sales/PR Department
CURRENT PRODUCT SALES:
- MENTATS sales up 24% in school districts
- FIXER sales up 12% in seeded zones
NEW PRODUCT FORECAST:
-PREVENT sales +250% projection 2078
-PREVENT sales +330% 2079"
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.288-289: "[2.24] Med-Tek Research (Malden Township)
This private research laboratory owned by the Med-Tek Corporation began experimenting with infectious diseases. One was a virus that affected only teenagers and children. The entire facility went into lockdown when the bombs fell to prevent any contagion from spreading, trapping all the inhabitants. The lockdown was never lifted."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- West Everett estates terminals; Wayne's Terminal, Made it home
- see Sympto-Matic for details.
- Fallout and Fallout 2 PIP-Boy icon - "MED-TEX"
- Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas - "MED TEX"
- Fallout: New Vegas - "MEDTEX"