From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics[edit | edit source]
The amount of bonus damage your character does in hand-to-hand combat.”— Fallout In-game description
This skill modifies the amount of bonus damage your character does in hand-to-hand combat.
- Minimum value can be no less than 1.
- Average characters will have a melee damage of 1.
- The Heavy Handed trait increases melee damage by 4 points.
- The Finesse trait has the negative side effect of making all your attacks (including melee) do -30% damage.
- The Bonus HtH Damage perk increases melee damage by 2 per rank.
- The Better Criticals perk increases the damage of all Critical Hits, including melee.
- The Slayer perk upgrades every melee hit into critical hits, radically increasing melee damage.
- Similarly, Silent Death has the effect of doubling melee damage, though only when Sneaking. This makes it arguably less useful than the Slayer perk.
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
Example: A starting Strength of 5.
Gallery[edit | edit source]