The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
I can't talk to you. It's not allowed.”— Melody, Fallout: New Vegas
Melody mostly helps with taking care of the brahmin of the Fort and can usually be found at the brahmin pen. When not helping with the brahmin, she brings food and water to the Legionaries. Her only comfort from her duties as a slave is her stuffed bear, Sergeant Teddy, but has to keep it hidden or else it'll get confiscated, which is exactly what happened when Antony found out about her toy. He gave the toy to his dogs, whom chewed it up.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
- Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy: The player can ask if she needs any help with anything, to which she will respond that Antony took Sergeant Teddy away.
- When first talking to her she's very hesitant to talk to the player, but after a speech check (50), she'll be more open to the player character. A low Intelligence option is also available to get her to talk (3 or less Intelligence).
Drops on death
- Melody seems to get trapped behind walls easily, making her impossible to reach. On the PC, this can be corrected by opening the console, typing prid 00122b98 to target her, then moveto player to place her at your location. Doing this in the brahmin pen will make her walk back to her proper spot.
- Melody may not appear at all after reaching a certain point in the storyline.
Melody appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The Courier: "What do you do here?"
Melody: "Um... I help take care of the Brahmin. I sometimes bring water and food to people. Um... that's it."
- The Courier: "Not so fast. What will you give me for him?"
Melody: "But... I don't have anything. I thought you were my friend!"
- The Courier: "They let you have toys here?"
Melody: "I kept him secret, but I think somebody told on me."
- The Courier: "Why did Antony take him away?"
Melody: "Antony said he was punishing me for trying to hide it from the Legion."
- The Courier: "I'm here for Melody's bear."
Antony: "The stupid girl should know by now that even the rags on her back are a privilege. Anyway, my mongrels like their new toy. Tell you what - you square off with four of my best dogs. No armor and no weapons except a machete. You survive and I let you have the bear. You ready to fight my mongrels, then?"
- The Courier: "I got Sergeant Teddy - he's a little chewed up."
Melody: "That's okay, I'll fix him! Can I have him now?"
- The Courier: "I'm a friend. It's okay for you to talk to friends, right?"
Melody: "[SUCCEEDED] I guess that's okay. Um, if you're a friend, can you help me?"
- The Courier: "Moo! That's what Brahmin say."
Melody: "They do say that! I guess you can be my friend. Um... can you help me?"