Mercenary (Fallout: New Vegas)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
A Mercenary is a gun-for-hire operating in the Mojave Wasteland in the year 2281. Mercenaries are usually seen in the employ of a Traveling Merchant, escorting the merchant and his/her pack brahmin as they travel across the Wasteland, while defending them from threats such as raiders or hostile Wasteland creatures.
Background[edit | edit source]
Mercenaries are moderately equipped, wielding 10mm pistols, laser pistols, or 9mm submachine guns. They typically wear either a merc outfit, leather armor, or a suit of metal armor. Mercenaries are neutral towards the player, Mojave civilians, and New California Republic patrols. On the other hand, they will actively fight against all raiders, hostile Wasteland creatures, and Caesar's Legion patrols.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Merc outfit or leather armor or Leather armor, reinforced or metal armor|
random, Wasteland hat or random Cowboy hat or metal helmet or Slave scarf, Authority glasses
|10mm pistol or|
10mm submachine gun or
9mm submachine gun or
Laser pistol or
.308 Sniper rifle or
Urban plasma rifle and Combat knife or
|Various aid and food items|
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Mercenaries can be found all over the wasteland:
- They can most commonly be seen escorting Traveling Merchants.
- A pair of elderly mercenaries serve as bodyguards of Ada Straus, the questionably competent town doctor of Novac.
- Four mercenaries equipped with metal armor and plasma/sniper rifles led by Norton can be found harassing the super mutant community of Jacobstown in the quest, Unfriendly Persuasion.
- They can rarely be seen traveling on the roads between Novac and New Vegas.
- Four 'normal' mercenaries, led by one wearing reinforced combat armor and wielding a YCS/186 Gauss rifle, can be found in the Mercenary camp if the player doesn't have the Wild Wasteland trait. All are hostile toward the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As the game progresses, mercenaries may become separated from their traveling merchants, and be found wandering the Wasteland by themselves.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
These Mercenaries appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.