Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|For an overview of mercenary character appearing in the Fallout series of games, see mercenary.|
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Don't try anything.”
The mercenary is a merc hired by Moira Brown to protect her inventory.
Background[edit | edit source]
He's paid by Moira Brown to protect her and her merchandise. Except for the rare occasion when he is sleeping, he is always standing next to the workbench. His living quarters are through the doorway on his right, tucked under the stairs. There's a bed, although he's never seen sleeping while the store is unlocked, a single locker, three metal boxes, only one of which containing random loot. His dialog is very minimal, never starting a whole conversation with the character.
Location[edit | edit source]
The Mercenary character can be found in Craterside Supply leaning against the wall on the left, next to a usable workbench.
Interactions with the Player Character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
If the player is caught stealing from Craterside Supply or worse, killing Moira Brown, the Mercenary will become hostile and attempt to kill them.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Pack of cigarettes
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I got my eye on you."
- "Keep me out of that girl's crazy experiments, I don't get paid enough for that."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- He doesn't seem to like anyone and talks in a gravely voice.
- Due to his position and high chance of detecting you, it is very difficult to successfully pickpocket him.
- He seems to regenerate his supply of 5.56mm ammunition every day or so. If you can manage to pickpocket it successfully, this is a good way to stock up.
- If the player character asks Confessor Cromwell about local gossip, he will tell you that Moira has hired a mercenary who "never sleeps". He does in fact sleep, however, just quite briefly and not until 5 AM.
- If you place a mine behind the wall he regularly leans on, you can disarm it because the wall is so thin that the mine detects him. Continually dropping mines and disarming them can allow for infinite XP.
- Killing the Mercenary may sometimes cause all of the citizens in Megaton to become hostile towards you. They will remain hostile even if you go away and wait for several days before entering Megaton again.
- You can kill the Mercenary without anybody noticing (and thus without anybody becoming hostile towards you) by setting a bottlecap mine by his bed on the first floor, going upstairs and crouching, skipping to just before 5 AM, and then waiting until 5. He will go to bed, there will be an explosion, and he will die without anybody (including Moira) noticing.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Mercenary appears only in Fallout 3.