You are standing inside Meresti, the home of the Family. This is our sanctuary from the outside world. It is a refuge for those society labels as outcasts.
Meresti station is an underground railway station in the Washington, D.C. Metro system. Although it has been cut off from the rest of the Metro, it is accessible only through the Meresti trainyard service tunnel. Whose entrances include the trainyard proper, and the irradiated sewer manhole in Northwest Seneca station. This Maryland railway station is the home of the Family, a cannibalistic group of self-proclaimed vampires.
The Meresti metro station follows the same standardized architecture and layout of the rest of the D.C. Metro stations. This station however has been renovated by the Family. The platform level has since been converted to a common area. There is a storage area complete with a workbench, the dinning hall, Karl's shop, and nave. While the mezzanine has been converted to a dormitory and pulpit, the Brutalist hallway to the Maryland exit has since been altered as well. Vance and Holly's quarters are here, further down is the restrooms, and the meditation room (where Ian West can be found during the quest Blood Ties), ending at the Maryland exit. The station's ground level exit has since been sealed off, and its telltale exterior architecture lost to the wasteland.
- A copy of Tumblers Today can be found on a table at the guard outpost in the Meresti service tunnel.
- A mini nuke can be found in the main Meresti Family base on top of an overhang. From where Vance stands on top of the mezzanine facing the common area below, there is an escalator on your left. Stand about half way down the escalator and you can just barely see it on top the overhang at the far end (it's above the work bench). The easiest way to get it by far is to shoot it down with a sniper rifle. It will also come down with a grenade, but this is not recommended as it will go flying and can become very difficult to locate (stack boxes instead). Turning up the brightness of the game may make this very difficult to spot nuke a bit easier to find.
- A copy of Lying, Congressional Style can be found under the box on top of the train carriage under the place Vance is usually standing, by dropping down onto it from above.
- Vampire's Edge can be found in the locked (hard) sword cabinet in Vance's room (Vance carries the key).
- Three boxes containing cigarette packs, ammunition and the like can be found behind the plank wall of the upstairs sleeping quarters. To get there, jump onto the handrail on the right side of the platform and follow it behind the wall.
- Karl runs a large hidden store which sometimes carries rare items and sells at least 20 scrap metal for the player to give to Walter in Megaton. It is located behind the left main area escalator. He attends the store at night, so extra inventory can be easily stolen during the day.
Merești is the name of a commune in Harghita County, Romania, a part of Transylvania. This is fitting considering the overall vampire theme of the events that occur in the vicinity of Meresti station. Justin, one of the Family, makes note of this.
Boarded up exit from the station
Mezzanine sleeping quarters
- The entrance door may become locked behind you. The lock difficulty is average so if you do not have Lockpick 50, the only way to get out is to load from your last save point, so it is wise to save just before you enter.
- The railing on the wall opposite to Vance's room can make players get stuck on them if jumped on, forcing the player to revert to a previous save.
Meresti station appears only in Fallout 3.