|For an overview of raider armor in all games, see raider armor.|
The Metal Master armor is a unique piece of armor in the Fallout 3 add-on The Pitt.
This armor was created special order for a Hole fighter, focusing on providing protection from gunfire. However that it did not help him after he got pushed off of the Pitt Bridge.
Metal Master armor is a unique variant of raider throwdown armor. Like the other throwdown armors, it is comprised of components from metal armor and raider sadist armor. It is only repairable with leather armor and provides a damage resistance of 36 as well as bonuses of 10 to Unarmed and Energy Weapons whilst incurring a penalty of 1 to Agility.
It is a reward for bringing 40 steel ingots to Foreman Everett.
- This armor provides a remarkable amount of damage resistance. In fact, it has the third best DR to Weight ratio in the game to date (the best being General Jingwei's uniform, then Maple's garb).
- The effects from the armor are listed as "heavy metal armor" in the effects tab on your Pip-Boy.
- The brown leather portion of this armor may appear to be red
- This armor is the first item in two-part reference to Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Two characters, Master and Blaster, correspond to the Metal Master armor and the Metal Blaster, respectively. Raider blastmaster armor also exists in Fallout 3.
- ↑ The Lone Wanderer: "You got anything for me?"
Everett: "How about I give you some metal this time? Here. This armor was a special order for one of the Hole fighters. Great against bullets, but didn't help him when he got pushed off the bridge."