Metal armor (Fallout 3)
|For an overview of metal armor variants in all games, see metal armor.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This armor appears to be taken from a variety of scrap metal pieces; these pieces cover the wearers chest, legs, hips, arms and shoulders. The shoulder plats have metal spikes welded onto them. The metal helmet's looks like a white closed-faced, armor-plated motorcycle helmet for males and like a metallic, open-faced, topless (showing hair) armor-plated helmet for females.
The armor is exceptionally heavy and weighs 30 pounds, but provides a great Damage Resistance of 35. The weight of the armor reduces the wearers Agility by 1. The helmet provides a Damage Resistance of 5 and weighs three pounds.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Gamma shield armor (The Pitt add-on) - The gamma shield armor isn't unique, but does have a few benefits over regular metal armor. The gamma shield armor adds to Radiation Resistance, but also weighs 15 more pounds.
- Samurai armor (Mothership Zeta add-on) - The samurai armor, worn by Toshiro Kago, has a lower DR than metal armor, but increases Melee Weapons and total damage done by those weapons by 10.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Can sometimes be bought off from Moira at Craterside Supply in Megaton or from Panada's House of Wares in Point Lookout.
- Can be found on Leroy Walker at either Lincoln Memorial or Paradise Falls.
- Can be found on Commander Jabsco at Fort Bannister.
- Can be found on Jotun and Ymir at Paradise Falls if you decide to kill all the slavers.
- Can be found in National Archives sub-basement behind very hard locked gate
- Can be found in a footlocker at the entrance to the Deathclaw Sanctuary
- Worn by the bandits who attack the Aqua Pura caravans in Broken Steel.
- Should you choose to join them, Split Jack will give you a suit and helmet.
- One helmet can always be found at the top of the Washington Monument near a mattress.
- Another helmet can always be found in the Taft tunnel.