As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Yeah, I imagine that it takes a lot to fill the void of such a bottomless soul. Take the caps and leave me to my sorrows.”— Michael Angelo
Sheldon Weintraub, better known by his artistic name "Michael Angelo", is the neurotic, agoraphobic billboard artist originally from Vault 21. He is also the brother of Sarah Weintraub, the proprietress of Vault 21.
Together with his sister, Sarah Weintraub, Michael grew up in Vault 21. After Mr. House opened the vault, Michael started to work as a designer of neon signs for The Strip's many establishments, often taking "special orders" from Mr. House himself.
Like his sister, living inside a vault all his life has made Michael an agoraphobic, a fear of wide open spaces. Compared to his sister, Michael has the more severe form of agoraphobia, as he even has problems working on the main production floor of his workshop because of its size. Thus, he can usually be found in the workshop's back room, while his assistants, including Kate, work in the main hall.
When first encountered by the Courier, Michael is lacking inspiration. Talking to the Courier, with years of costly therapy being out of the question, he realizes that he might regain his inspiration by studying sights he hasn't seen so far.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Classic Inspiration: Michael asks the Courier to take pictures of famous signs across the Mojave to rejuvenate his artistic inspiration.
- ED-E My Love: Michael, during conversation, says a keyword that accesses ED-E's log databanks.
- Michael Angelo can be blackmailed through a series of speech/repair checks upon the first meeting. The series consist of: speech 40, speech/repair 45, speech 55 will net you 300 caps and 140xp. The player, however, will no longer be able to interact with Michael Angelo, and thus be unable to attain his quest. If the player choose to tell him they're are just kidding at any point before telling him "300 caps it is", this will abort the blackmail.
- Michael Angelo won't talk to the player if his sister, Sarah Weintraub, is dead.
|Vault 21 jumpsuit|
|Bottle caps (420)|
Drops on death
Though he grew up in a vault he doesn't have a PIP-Boy.
- "[Have you seen the cost of pliers, duct-tape and saws lately? 300 caps.] [SUCCEEDED] Yeah, I imagine that it takes a lot to fill the void of such a bottomless soul. Take the caps and leave me to my sorrows." (One of the many options to blackmail him.)
Behind the scenes
- Michael Angelo was written by Jorge Salgado.
- Sheldon's artistic name is a reference to the artist Michelangelo - commonly misspelled 'Michaelangelo'.
- Upon passing the medicine check to tell him that he has agoraphobia, you can say goodbye, restart the conversation and pass the check again. Since you get experience for each successful check, you can gain infinite experience by repeating the conversation item over and over again. This has been fixed with patch 1.06 for the ps3 version anyway. Tested on August 11, 2011 with current patch and the bug is there.
Michael Angelo appears only in Fallout: New Vegas
- Michael Angelo's workshop terminals; Michael Angelo's Terminal
- Joshua Sawyer Spring.me
- The Courier: "Have you seen the cost of pliers, duct-tape and saws lately? 300 caps."
Michael Angelo: "[SUCCEEDED] Yeah, I imagine that it takes a lot to fill the void of such a bottomless soul. Take the caps and leave me to my sorrows."
(Michael Angelo's dialogue)