As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The weapon is a hand-held piece of technology that sends out electromagnetic light waves at frequencies between 0.3 and 300 gigahertz. Similar to the attack of mirelurk kings, the contraption emits a light blue wave. Additionally, the microwave emitter uses common microfusion cells instead of Mesmetron power cells, making it far more practical to operate.
This weapon ignores damage resistance, making it ideal for use against heavily armored foes. Critical hits will turn enemies to ash, like laser weapons.
- Mesmetron, an experimental weapon that will confuse and daze an enemy instead of disintegrating them.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Effects|
|Mesmetron||Stun gun||1||1||1||x1||0||0.0||65||Mesmetron power cell||5||2||100||500||Mezz, frenzy or cranial explosion|
|Microwave emitter||Lethal stun gun||60||62.1||1||x2.0||100||0.2||30||Microfusion cell||5||8||800||500||Ignores DR|
The microwave emitter is found in the reward vault at the end of the quest A Meeting of the Minds.
- When you reload this weapon the animation shows the player loading a Mesmetron power cell, not a microfusion cell. However, microfusion cells are still loaded as normal.
- It is more difficult to use free-aim in first person with this weapon due to its bulk blocking a good portion of the screen.
- This weapon has pretty slow fire rate outside V.A.T.S. compared to other energy weapons - another good reason to use V.A.T.S.
- Note that there is a slight delay between pulling the trigger and actually firing the weapon. Keep this in mind when firing on moving targets and adjust accordingly.