In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The steelyard - one of the most important locations in The Pitt, yet also the most deadly. In order to prove themselves to the local foreman, and earn some unique loot in the process, the Lone Wanderer will need to risk everything to obtain the steel ingots needed to keep the smelters running, fighting through troglodytes, robotic guardians, and crazed humans alike, in order to get to all of them.
- Talk to Everett, in which he will instruct the Lone Wanderer to go out into the steelyard, and bring back as many steel ingots as they can find.
- Steel ingots are found throughout the steelyard, the abandoned area, and the supply plant. 10 must be obtained as part of the Unsafe Working Conditions quest, and additional ingots turned in to Everett, will award the Lone Wanderer a unique item for every 10 ingots found.
- 10 ingots: laborer outfit (unique slave outfit)
- 20 ingots: filtration helmet (unique supervisor helmet)
- 30 ingots: steel knuckles (unique brass knuckles)
- 40 ingots: Metal Master armor (unique raider throwdown armor)
- 50 ingots: Metal Blaster (unique laser rifle)
- 60 ingots: Bombshell armor (unique raider ordinance armor)
- 70 ingots: Leather Rebel (unique raider commando armor)
- 80 ingots: The Mauler (unique auto axe)
- 90 ingots: Perforator (unique Infiltrator)
- 100 ingots: tribal power armor (similar to Ashur's power armor), Mill Worker achievement/trophy
Behind the scenes
- Once the Lone Wanderer has collected all 100 steel ingots, Everett will say "Yup, guess you got every last one out there. You're one hell of a steeler, kid." "Steeler;" this is a common name for a worker in a steel yard, and is also the name of Pittsburgh's professional American football team.
- When giving the Lone Wanderer The Mauler, Everett notes that he had killed trogs and ghouls with it "...from here to Monroeville." Monroeville, Pennsylvania, is the city where Pittsburgh native George A. Romero filmed the classic 1978 horror film Dawn of the Dead.
- If the last few ingots are presented in a quantity less than 10, you may not get the achievement, nor the equipment.
- When on the building which has 12 ingots, it is possible to fall through the roof straight to the ground which kills you instantly. This bug occurs if Point Lookout has been installed. A solution is to save the game while on the roof, restart and load the save. When you enter to another area through a door, you have to restart the game again.
- In some cases Everett won't go into the Mill where you have to give him the ingots preventing you from finishing the quest. In this case, just keep the ingots you've collected, and advance through the storyline. After you defeat everyone in the hole, return to Everett and he'll congratulate you. At that point, his conversation options will return to normal, and you can exchange your remaining ingots.