Miss Fortune (character)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
|For the Fallout: New Vegas perk of the same name, see Miss Fortune.|
Miss Fortune is a character that randomly appear in V.A.T.S to help you out when you have the Miss Fortune perk. Just when your enemies think they have the upper hand, Miss Fortune appears to turn their world upside down.
Like the Mysterious Stranger, Miss Fortune will literally appear out of nowhere during V.A.T.S. to assist you. However, rather than killing your enemies, Miss Fortune's attack causes little direct damage, but instead knocks them unconscious ("Fatigues" them). Her attacks hit an area and has random mishaps on people. They also have a high chance of damaging or outright breaking an enemy's weapons; this effect does apply to grenades and similar weapons and will cause them to detonate, typically killing the non-player character. After the V.A.T.S. sequences finish she will disappear as abruptly as she appeared.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|Mysterious Stranger outfit|
|Miss Fortune's Bad Luck Bringer|
Drops on death
- Miss Fortune's outfit, though markedly different, is internally considered the female version of the outfit worn by the Mysterious Stranger.
- Her name is a play on the word "misfortune".
- The outfit bears a resemblance to that worn the character Patty from the 1972 film "The Jerk."
- Similar to the Mysterious Stranger, Miss Fortune may accidentally shoot one or all of your followers when she appears. This does not cause any damage to your followers directly, though it has a risk of breaking their weapons, and while knocked down they are rendered particularly vulnerable.
- Miss Fortune can be knocked unconscious by enemies inside V.A.T.S. If this happens, V.A.T.S. will not end, and the player will continue to receive damage from enemies.
Miss Fortune appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.