Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Miss Fortune/Fallout: New Vegas
|For the character, see Miss Fortune (character).|
Just when your enemies think they have the upper hand, Miss Fortune appears to turn their world upside down. Appearing only in V.A.T.S., she has the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.”— In-game description, Fallout: New Vegas
Effect[edit | edit source]
With this perk, Miss Fortune will appear 10% of the time in V.A.T.S. to attack enemies. To trigger an appearance, the player must complete a series of attacks in V.A.T.S. without killing their opponent.
Unlike the Mysterious Stranger, Miss Fortune's attacks deal low damage to an area, aiming to cripple and knockdown enemies rather than kill them outright. Miss Fortune's Bad Luck Bringer triggers the game to create a "fortune" percentage for your target.
If their fortune is less than 35:
- They're knocked down for 10 seconds.
- Any of the following will detonate if they're in the inventory and are at least 1 game unit further away from the player than the max splash damage range, with an appropriate explosion:
If their fortune is between 35 and 65:
- Any of the grenades explosives before will detonate, as well as:
- Flamer, incinerator, or heavy incinerator; creates a 40mm incendiary explosion.
- Grenade launcher, grenade rifle, grenade machinegun, missile launcher, or Securitron missile launcher; creates a 40mm explosion.
- Recharger pistol, recharger rifle, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, multiplas rifle, plasma caster, or Plasma Defender; creates a plasma grenade explosion.
- Pulse gun; creates both a plasma and a pulse grenade explosion.
- If any of these detonate, the weapon will be broken and the NPC's right arm will be crippled. If none of the weapons are present, a "cripples" percentage is set instead:
- Less than 10 cripples the head.
- 10 - 25 cripples the left arm.
- 25 - 40 cripples the right arm.
- 40 - 55 cripples the left leg.
- 55 - 70 cripples the right leg.
- Above 70 cripples the torso.
- If one limb is already crippled, the game skips to the next limb (and returns to head should the torso already be crippled).
- If all limbs are crippled beforehand, the target is paralysed.
If their fortune is above 65, only the limb crippling is applied. Remember, this is all determined per shot, and Miss Fortune will more than likely empty her revolver for all 6 shots in a V.A.T.S. attack!
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mysterious Stranger perk is functionally similar but triggers less frequently.
- Both the Miss Fortune and Mysterious Stranger perks can be chosen by the player, but they cannot appear together in the same V.A.T.S. sequence as they share the same trigger.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes when she appears, your AP Sequence will continue even after delivering your attack, leaving you unable to defend yourself.