The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
They are being employed by the NCR force as a mean to find more NCR citizens in the area, so they can provide them with food and water. Each missionary is located in the squatter camps you are originally sent to investigate, they are the quest markers.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- G.I. Blues: The King gives the player the optional objective to investigate on some squares of the Freeside to find out more about the people who attacked his men. The player can ignore that and go directly to Julie Farkas who will send you to talk to her friend, Major Elizabeth Kieran who is in charge of the food supplies at the Ruined store.
Either will ask the player if they are a citizen of the NCR. If the player answers "yes", the player is quizzed with three questions to prove that they are an NCR Citizen.
- Question 1 - Who is the most popular NCR President of all time?
- President Tandi.
- Question 2 - What was the original name of the capital of the NCR?
- Question 3 - What animal is on the NCR Flag?
- Two-Headed Bear.
This will give you access to Missionary's note, which reads cryptically "Hope is the key." Hope is actually the password you give to the two NCR guards outside the ruined store they use to supply the NCR Freeside members with food and water. This note can also be obtained by killing the missionaries.
|Merc cruiser outfit|
|M&A 9mm pistol|
|Freeside squatter camp note|
Drops on death
- Killing the missionaries will result in NCR infamy, even if the act is not witnessed.
Missionary appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- The quiz that the NCR Missionaries give can be bugged. For instance answering Vault 13 to the second question will register as a correct, but cause Two-Headed Bear to register as incorrect for the third question. Just make sure to use the three answers listed above. (Note: The first two questions will always have the correct response but if either is wrong the third question will be wrong.)
- Question 3 of the NCR loyalty test can be bugged causing all given answers to be wrong, even when selecting the correct one. This problem can be resolved by pickpocketing the note from either missionary.