Monongah is a location in Fallout 76.
Nestled in a small low-lying part of the Savage Divide, the township of Monongah was a small mining town that was experiencing financial trouble. After Hornwright Industrial Mining Company stepped in and offered financial relief in exchange for rights to the township's nearby coal mine, Monongah Mine, it seemed life would improve, and it did. For several months, the town received continued financial payments until the coal deposits were depleted and Hornwright Industrial Mining Company left. After this, Monongah reverted back into an economic slump.
- The town has a rough circle shaped, centered around the main street passing through the town and bisecting it into two halves. The northern half contains the local police station in the northwest, with residential buildings occupying the remainder of the area.
- The southern half includes the church in the western part, a house ruined by a giant boulder (the steamer trunk is right next to it), and the local stores on the southern edge.
- While the town doesn't offer much in the way of notable loot, the daily mission, Someone To Talk To can be started in Dr. Eddie Harrison's house on the southwest side of town, as well as a chemistry station in the basement of the same house. There is a dead vault dweller behind the northeastern shop.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Potential bobblehead
- Among the junk (mini-nuke, baseball bat) on the wooden crate pile behind the security gate (1) attached to the brick cottage near the center of town.
- Potential magazine
- On the upturned Nuka-Cola wooden crate, on the lookout deck, behind and north of the gray cottage, north rock outcrop, on the edge of town.
- Other Loot
- Dynamic spawns
- Headwear: Red bandana, trilby hat, newsboy cap, green rag hat, battered fedora, sunglasses, bottlecap sunglasses, combat armor helmet, cop cap, faded visor, black-rim glasses, baseball cap, patrolman sunglasses, blue bandana, green bandana, striped bandana.
Monongah is real town in Marion County, West Virginia. The town is most recognized for name association to the Monongah mining disaster in which 358 miners and one engineer died after Fairmont Coal Company Mines No 6 and No 8 exploded at 10:30 AM on December 6th, 1907.
Monongah appears in Fallout 76.