The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Background[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character starts quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Boulder City Showdown: Monroe informs the Courier that some Great Khans have holed up in the city and taken two privates captive.
Effects of the player's actions[edit | edit source]
- After finishing the quest Boulder City Showdown, Lieutenant Monroe will start walking to Camp Forlorn Hope. If he arrives there, he will walk to the campfire in the center of the camp and will stay there indefinitely.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
NCR bandoleer armor
M&A 9mm pistol
7x Case, 9mm
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once at Camp Forlorn Hope, Monroe often engages in the defense of the base and sometimes may be killed.
- When killing everyone in Camp Forlorn Hope, such as during the mission We Are Legion, and Monroe is there, he will be the only NCR soldier that will not become hostile towards the player if another soldier is killed.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Lieutenant Monroe does not use the roads to reach Camp Forlorn Hope, instead he travels through the mountains. At some point, when within sight of the camp, he can get stuck on an edge of the mountain range.
- To free him, the player can walk into him (and possibly push him off of a cliff) or fast travel somewhere else and wait for a few hours.
- After resolving the hostage situation, Monroe's outfit changes to the regular NCR Trooper outfit.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Monroe appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.