Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Moonshine (Fallout: New Vegas)
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
|For the various forms of alcohol that appear in the Fallout series of games, see alcohol.|
[Here's the items for making some Moonshine.] Here you go. Go easy on it until you train yourself to choke back the urge to gag. After a few bottles and the vomiting, it ain't so bad.”— Rose of Sharon Cassidy
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Moonshine is an addictive alcoholic drink which has a more pronounced effect on the user's personality than other types of alcohol - increasing Charisma and Strength by two while reducing Intelligence by two.
Moonshine's effects also stack with other alcohol types. But unlike other drinks, its effects are not modified by high Survival skill.
Whiskey Rose[edit | edit source]
Whiskey Rose is a perk provided while Cass is serving as a Companion in the player's party. With this perk the penalty to Intelligence for consuming any type of alcohol is eliminated, as are the effects of alcohol addiction.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Note: this item is also craftable without a campfire or electric hot plate via a dialogue option with Cass.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Goodsprings - 5 bottles in a red shack connected to the back of the Prospector Saloon. They can be stolen, or purchased from Trudy.
- Mojave home - 1 can be found inside the locked (Lockpick 50) house, on a table to the right of the entrance. The house is northeast of Freeside's North Gate and north of the Mole Rat Ranch. Opening the door results in karma loss, but items inside can be taken without penalty.
- Prospector's Den - Very rarely, can be found in the first aid box at the back of the interior cabin.
- Nipton Hall - in the locked room, in the crate with a lot of other aid items.
- Horowitz farmstead - 1 can be found sometimes in a first aid box in one of the Destroyed Barns.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other alcoholic drinks, moonshine doesn't have a flag set for food in the GECK, which means that it does not increase with the players Survival skill.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Moonshine is a common term for home-distilled alcohol, especially in places where this practice is illegal. The name stems from the American Prohibition era, where homemade stills were often operated under the light of the moon.