Fallout 3 locations project
Inside Moriarty's: Gob (Left) Billy Creel (Right)
Colin Moriarty, at your service! Welcome to Moriarty's! My saloon, my home, my slice of heaven in this backwoods little burg. If you've got the caps, I've got your pleasure. Please, sit down, make yourself comfortable. Your troubles are a thing of the past.”— Colin Moriarty, Fallout 3
Moriarty's Saloon (EST. 2230), one of the bars in the town of Megaton, is owned by a money-hungry man named Colin Moriarty. Drinks are served by the ghoul bartender Gob, and the saloon is also home to Nova, a prostitute who will sleep with the player (that is, next to them) if he/she rents a room for 120 caps.
Layout[edit | edit source]
This two-story scruffy metal housing with atrium is situated at the highest point of the whole Megaton crater.
First floor[edit | edit source]
The front door opens to the bar. The restroom is under the stairs, concealed by a drape.
Second floor[edit | edit source]
On the second floor, there are four bedrooms. The first bedroom with a double bed is available for renting. The second room you cannot rent and has a bed, chair, and a filing cabinet. The third room in the corner is Moriarty's room with 2 chairs, a table with 2 beers and a squirrel stew on it and a bed with a Hard locked cabinet next to it and a metal box in the corner. The 4th and last room has just a bed and a filing cabinet.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Cabinet in the storage room has the password to Moriarty's terminal, though you can also get it from Nova with a speech challenge or the Lady Killer perk.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Moriarty is, according to Lucas Simms, privy to information about the Lone Wanderer's father, but also untrustworthy. Information can be gleaned through a bribe, successful use of Speech, hacking his computer, picking the lock on his filing cabinet, or outright killing the proprietor.
- Using the Lady Killer perk on Nova will get you the password to Colin Moriarty's terminal.
- The cabinet in Moriarty's room (hard lock) can contain quite a few caps. Although Jericho claims that the key is "danglin' around Colin's neck," there is no such key (since it was cut from the final version of the game) and it must be picked.
- Regulars at Moriarty's include Jericho, Lucy West, Billy Creel, Nathan Vargas, Walter, as well as the employees Nova, and Gob. Mr. Burke can also be found sitting in a corner, waiting for someone to come along who will do him and his employer a small service.
- You can get a discount from Gob if you do not offend him when you first talk to him and have good karma. The discount is 10% off everything Moriarty sells, which includes stimpaks and alcohol.
- If Moriarty is killed, the name of the saloon will change to Gob's, and Nova will no longer be a prostitute, although she still can be found "sleeping" beside the player on the bed if you use the bed.
- On the second floor there are four doors, two of which can be lock picked, one easy (Moriarty's room), and the room you rent average for XP points. But the regular non-player character's will open them up if you don't get to them first.
- Andy Stahl claims that Moriarty occasionally urinates in his patron's drinks as a joke.
- Mr. Burke before disarming the bomb, then reporting him to Lucas Simms may cause you to freeze when confronting Burke. This may result in Lucas Simms being killed. Speaking with
- Mr. Burke will no longer seen inside the saloon if the bomb in the Megaton is defused.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Moriarty's Saloon appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- In the Official Fallout 3 Strategy Guide it states there are two keys in Moriarty's cooler, an Andale Basement Key and an Andale Shed Key, in actuality there are no such keys inside the cooler.
Gallery[edit | edit source]