Mount Blair is a location in Fallout 76.
Located in Logan County, West Virginia, Mount Blair has been a notable element of Appalachian mining for centuries - and a symbol of labor disputes. In 1921, as part of the West Wirginia Mine Wars, federal troops and rioting coal miners clashed on the slopes of the mountain repeatedly. It comes as no surprise that the wealth of resources beneath the mountaintop and the resource-starved United States went hand in hand in the 21st century, leading to widespread ecological devastation, only accelerated by the erection of The Rockhound, a massive bucket excavator that steadily, but surely strip-mined the Mount, turning Blair Mountain into Blair Hill. Even the riots by disenfranchised miners that temporarily seized control of The Rockhound in October 2077 failed to change the course of the company - or the destruction of Mount Blair.
Points of interest
- Mount Blair is a flat expanse of strip-mined desolation, with burning coal vines in the north and west, abandoned mines to the south and east, and the massive Rockhound in the center. Clockwise:
- At the excavator end in the north is a maintenance scaffolding on the western side, which contains a weapons and ammunition workbench. On the opposite side is a generator shed and a field hospital, surrounded by derelict vehicles.
- To the west is a mass of trailers, sitting among fiery veins. These contain a magazine spawn point. Just southeast of them are cracks in the earth used for mining and a generator warehouse. To the southeast lies abandoned mine shaft 6 and just north of it the warehouses containing two bobblehead spawn points (westernmost trailer and eastern warehouse), another magazine spawn near the bobblehead, a power armor spawn point, and a weapons workbench.
- For details on the Rockhound, see The Rockhound.
- Mount Blair can be claimed as a workbench settlement. The build area extends not on the ground, but on the Rockhound itself and covers the interior decks, outer scaffolding's, and the rear balance weight. On the ground, players can place extractors to generate food (9), water (8); the player will also get a quest when the workshop has been claimed to find or build 4 cores to power the Rockhound to mine materials, while you are doing this quest, you will be required to defend the Rockhound from waves of enemies for 30 minutes while the Rockhound mines materials, these material are things like black titanium, aluminium, crystal, steel, nuclear waste, copper and silver.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Potential bobbleheads
- In the westernmost trailer home and in the eastern building.
- Potential magazines
- Westernmost trailers.
- Easternmost warehouses, in the eastern warehouse.
- Inside the locked basement eastern warehouse - can only be accessed during Personal Matters.
- Potential power armor
- In the easternmost warehouse.
- Other Loot
- Fusion core inside generator behind western warehouse.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Loose screws
- Tools: Adhesive, ball-peen hammer, screwdriver, adjustable wrench, combination wrench, wrench, scalpel, scissors (common), flip lighter, fuse, turpentine, loose screws, tongs (rare)
Mount Blair appears in Fallout 76.