Murder Pass is a location in Fallout 3 inside of Little Lamplight, "just past the souvenir shop" according to Lucy. It is one of the passages used to access Vault 87 and is populated by super mutants with heavy weapons.
To gain entrance to Murder Pass, you need to talk to Mayor MacCready of Little Lamplight. He will open the gate and allow you through.
Murder pass is a simple series of caverns that lead from Little Lamplight to Vault 87 and is used during the Finding the Garden of Eden quest.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor on a toilet in the southeast corner of the area. Go straight from Little Lamplight entrance instead of crossing the bridge(to your left) where you first see the super mutants. Look behind the guard station, it's on top of a toilet.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in the southwest tunnel of Murder Pass, on a small white table next to first aid boxes. The entrance is past the pitching machine.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum along with a Stealth Boy can be found in the metallic storage room immediately before entering Vault 87.
- It is possible to bypass this area by using a door that leads to Vault 87 from Little Lamplight. See Accessing Vault 87.
- Be careful of traps; there are at least 2 tripwires in the caves and a pressure plate in between a pillar and a desk after the first vault door which release grenade bouquets.
- Sydney and Sticky might not follow the player into Murder Pass.
- A close look at the architecture and debris within Murder Pass confirms that it used to be a part of Little Lamplight before the super mutants emerged from the vault. Furthermore, scaled down skeletons can be found littered around the ruins which one can interpret as the remains of former Little Lamplight residents.
- If the option to open the back gate to Murder Pass is not available, you still can gain access to it by going through the Reactor Chamber and going in through the back door marked "Murder Pass".
- In one of the huts in Murder Pass there's a broken terminal with a picture of Vault-boy taped to the screen.
- You must complete The Waters of Life before you can ask MacCready to get to Murder Pass.
- It is possible to go through murder pass with only minimal damage and ammunition use by sticking to the right side of the caves, immediately after entering the caves and when you see a wall of sand bags there is a small break in the wall. Comparatively very few super mutants are encountered along this route.
Murder Pass only appears in Fallout 3.