Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This food gives +3 to health regeneration for 20 seconds, while at the same time increasing the player's Action Points by +3, until the effects wear off. These boosts make it a potent mid-level healing item.
Effects of Survival skill[edit | edit source]
|10||+3 Max Action Points, +3 Hit Point||60||+6 Max Action Points, +6 Hit Point|
|20||+4 Max Action Points, +4 Hit Point||70||+7 Max Action Points, +7 Hit Point|
|30||+4 Max Action Points, +4 Hit Point||80||+7 Max Action Points, +7 Hit Point|
|40||+5 Max Action Points, +5 Hit Point||90||+8 Max Action Points, +8 Hit Point|
|50||+6 Max Action Points, +6 Hit Point||100||+9 Max Action Points, +9 Hit Point|
- Note: radiation levels are not affected by the Survival skill level.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- This item must be crafted by the player. It cannot be found on enemies or in containers.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Mushroom cloud is a direct reference to the real-world recipe featured in the Fallout game manual, alongside the desert salad recipe. The instruction manual recipe for mushroom cloud, described below:
(preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 3-4 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 8 oz dark chocolate (bittersweet or semi-sweet)
- 1 cup superfine sugar*
Beat the eggs and tartar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the sugar a little at a time while continuing to beat, until all the sugar is in and the mixture is glossy and stiff.
Using a piping bag with a no. 8 tip, pipe out an equal number of caps and stems onto an ungreased non-stick cookie sheet. The caps should be about the diameter of a quarter, and the stems should be about an inch high and the diameter of a soda straw.
Sprinkle cocoa over the caps and stems, and then blow on them to spread out the cocoa more evenly. You may want to do this outside, as cocoa goes everywhere. Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees.
Carefully remove the caps and stems from the cookie sheet. With a dull knife, snip the top of each stem so it has a flat top surface. Melt the chocolate (in a double boiler or microwave).
Spread the chocolate on the base of each cap with a butter knife or spatula, and use it to glue a stem in place. Put the assembled mushrooms in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden the chocolate, then put them in an airtight container.
Makes 3-4 dozen.
* superfine sugar is NOT confectioner's sugar or 10X sugar. If you cannot find superfine sugar, it's easy to make. Just put granulated sugar in a blender or food processor, and blend for 1 minute or iron it between 2 sheets of brown paper.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A more comprehensive recipe for mushroom cloud, called meringue mushrooms, was posted on Tim Cain's blog, Chocolate I have Known.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- patch 126.96.36.199x, the recipe called for 2 piles of nightstalker eggs. This is a quest item for Bleed Me Dry, and only one could be found in the entire game, preventing the recipe from being created. It has since been changed to require only 1 regular nightstalker egg. Prior to