Mutilated limbs in Fallout 3 are useful only as either Rock-It Launcher ammunition, or as possible decorations for player homes, while in Fallout: New Vegas, they serve no purpose except for decoration purposes.
- Lootable mutilated limbs can be found randomly inside of gore bags, which are always found at super mutant camps, and sometimes at raider camps.
- In Fallout: New Vegas, mutilated legs and organs can be found at the REPCONN test site, specifically in the large room with the metal stairs leading up to Jason Bright and the Bright Brotherhood. In addition, there are some gore bags with mutilated limbs on the ground near the fishing boat in Lake Mead.
- They may also be found in marked men camps within The Divide, although they are a bit more uncommon.
- Even with the Cannibal perk, mutilated limbs are not consumable.
- In each gore bag, there are always two mutilated limbs of one type, i.e. 2 mutilated legs OR 2 mutilated skulls, never a combination of them, and either bottle caps or ammunition of some type.