As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
My First Workbench
My First Workbench is an upgrade for the Lone Wanderer's house or suite which adds a workbench to the house. Workbenches are used with schematics to create custom weapons from the component parts found throughout the wasteland.
Become an owner
- The Lone Wanderer can get either a house in Megaton or a suite in Tenpenny Tower by completing The Power of the Atom (which house is received depends on how it is completed; for the most part both houses are the same), a quest which can be given by both Lucas Simms and Mister Burke in Megaton.
- Once you own your own house, a personal workbench for the house can be bought from Moira at Craterside Supply in Megaton or from Lydia Montenegro at Tenpenny Tower. The price is about 725 caps, varying based on Barter skill.
- A workbench is used to create custom-built weapons if you have that weapon's schematic. These weapons include the railway rifle, Rock-It Launcher, Shishkebab, deathclaw gauntlet, Nuka-grenade, bottlecap mine, and dart gun.
- When the workbench is purchased, it comes with a wrench, hammer and a bottlecap mine (usually located on the lower shelf).
- The bottlecap mine will sometimes respawn.
- In some ways, it's not all that useful as the bench is expensive and the Lone Wanderer can use the free workbenches at nearby locations such as at Craterside Supply. However, its position right next to a storage locker means you can easily store ingredients, take them out, make the weapons, and put them in the locker without having to worry about becoming encumbered. Plus, if Craterside Supply is closed for the night and you need to make a weapon you can do easily without waiting for the store to open at 8 AM.