Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
My Kind of Town
My Kind of Town
Fate of the previous sheriff.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Following the prison break at the NCR Correctional Facility, Primm was overrun by escaped convicts, who killed the sheriff and forced the surviving townsfolk to take refuge in the local casino. While the Courier can wipe out the convicts, what Primm really requires is a new sheriff to re-establish the rule of law.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- The quest is started by talking to Johnson Nash at the casino about Primm's present situation or by rescuing Deputy Beagle at the Bison Steve Hotel. They will state that the only way forward for Primm lies with a new sheriff, a homebody who can stay in the town and keep the peace. Beagle is right out: He's both too stupid to fit the bill and doesn't want to be a sheriff.
- There are three options available to the player, each bringing its own brand of justice to the town:
- Each potential candidate has different requirements:
- Meyers is a convicted felon who is serving his sentence. He requires a pardon from the Republic, which can be obtained from Major Knight, with Speech 30, a bribe of 200 caps, or a positive reputation with the Republic. Meyers will bring his own brand of frontier justice to the town, sometimes delivering it to people without paying attention to due process. He's well liked by Nash, however, who will give the player a 75% discount.
- The Republic can annex Primm and install Sergeant McGee as the town's sheriff. Lieutenant Hayes will explain that he requires an additional squad to extend protection to Primm. The squad can be obtained at the Mojave Outpost: Major Knight can dispatch an additional unit of Rangers to Primm if the player has Barter 20 or completes Can You Find it in Your Heart? Lieutenant Hayes will then dispatch McGee and the deputized Rangers to put Primm under Republic's control. Denizens become registered NCR citizens, start paying taxes, and have to put up with martial law. Nash isn't too happy and will increase his prices by 25% to cover the taxation, but will offer a broad array of ammunition in greater amounts.
- Primm Slim can be reprogrammed through dialogue with Science 30 or by expending three fission batteries and four conductors. His brand of justice is coldly logical and literal. He's also a bit too slow, so criminals sometimes get away.
- In all cases, finding a sheriff completes the quest and puts Beagle out of a job.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Beagle is dead. Find someone to speak to about helping Primm.|
|2||With Beagle dead, Johnson Nash requested help finding a new sheriff. He suggested the NCR or an ex-sheriff at NCRCF.|
|3||(Optional) Reprogram Primm Slim to be sheriff of Primm.|
|4||Meyers, a former sheriff from NCRCF is willing to be Sheriff of Primm if he gets a pardon from the NCR.|
|5||Hayes and the NCR will protect Primm if they get some additional military personnel.|
|6||Return and let Meyers know NCR has pardoned him and he can take over as sheriff.|
|7||Major Knight promised additional troops from Primm. Speak to Hayes about NCR protection for Primm.|
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
"My Kind of Town (Chicago Is)" is a popular song composed by Jimmy Van Heusen, with lyrics by Sammy Cahn. It was regularly performed live by Frank Sinatra, and he included the song on four of his records.
- A cut speech exists with in the game's files, meant to be delivered by Meyers to a small group of inmates close to Meyers should you recruit him to be the Primm's new Sheriff. In it, Meyers calls upon the other inmates to join him in forming a new police force in Primm, calling them "honorable and looking for redemption" despite not having "experience with law enforcement... at least not on the enforcement side."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The flags for barks about Primm's situation are mismatched: If NCR takes over, wastelanders will comment as if Meyers was installed as sheriff and vice versa.