NCR Ranger safehouse
|For NCR Ranger safehouses mentioned in Fallout 2, see Ranger safe houses.|
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
NCR Ranger safehouse
We're all impressed with the work you've done for us. I thought you might be able to make use of this. It's a key to a little hideaway south of here. We've used it as a place for Rangers to rest and resupply. I thought you might get good use out of it.”— James Hsu
The NCR Ranger safehouse is a location in the Mojave Wasteland, located east of Junction 15 Railway Station and north-west of Black Mountain. The safehouse is hidden in a rock face, and requires a key to enter. The key can be received from Colonel James Hsu at Camp McCarran after gaining a reputation of Liked with the New California Republic (NCR).
Layout[edit | edit source]
The region around the safehouse is heavily infested by deathclaws, specifically the stronger version found in Quarry Junction, and radscorpions. An NCR ranger named Gomez visits the safehouse occasionally, and the player can request a small amount of a specific ammunition type from her every few days.
The entrance is to a cave, which leads to a door, that is the safehouse. There are three rooms inside the safehouse: a dining room(which contains a reloading bench, a bar with bar stools in front of it, and a water fountain which gives 2 HP and zero rads), a bedroom(seven usable beds, seven footlockers, and two lockers) and a generator room for the electricity(two empty racks of shelves).
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- NCR salvaged power armor and Salvaged power helmet.
- NCR Ranger patrol armor and Ranger Hat.
- NCR Ranger combat armor and Ranger Helmet.
- Hunting revolver.
- Assault carbine.
- Trail carbine.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the location is called NCR Ranger safehouse, the key is called NCR Safehouse Key.
- It is not safe to store food or weapons outside containers in the safehouse as Ranger Gomez may pick them up.
- As with the other safehouses, most, if not all the items from the safehouse are in poor condition.
- The rear of the inner building displays the 'Lamp Light Caverns' Sign from Fallout 3. (Visible only through no-clip)
- The safest way of approaching the Safehouse is usually via REPCONN headquarters.
- When fast-traveling to the safehouse a super mutant will spawn at the door and attack.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
NCR Ranger safehouse appears in Fallout: New Vegas.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the armors (including the Ranger combat armor) and weapons may not appear in the safehouse.
- ED-E can get stuck in the low doorways inside the safehouse. Players should be careful when walking into the rooms with ED-E in tow. Nudging ED-E out by walking into him does not work due to the solid door frame he's stuck on. The room also becomes inaccessible. In Casual mode, shooting ED-E free by knocking him unconscious and then picking him up and moving him works. The best way to detect this bug is to always check if ED-E is following after leaving the safehouse. If not, the player should reload a save.
- Weapons and armor sometimes do not appear inside the safehouse at all. Possible Fix - the content seems to be linked to the patch update (same one which has bug preventing sending companions to Lucky 38). If you update before entering, clear the place of all the loot then leave the safehouse (i.e. back into wasteland) then resave and clear the update cache, you should have all the loot still.
- Ranger Gomez sometimes appears unconscious when you enter the safehouse. Be warned, do not kill her or touch her. If you do, she will disappear, and the NCR will shoot at you, even if you're Idolized, or wearing NCR armor. Avoid touching her, and enter through the second door. Sleep in one of the beds for twenty-four hours. Gomez should return to normal.
- After discovering the location, an NCR sergeant and an NCR soldier may come and talk to you. Afterward, when fast-travelling to the NCR Ranger safehouse, the door can be locked with no option to do anything, and the rocks along the path will not be solid.
- After exiting the safehouse when walking up the small hill directly in front of you, in first person it appears you are bouncing up and down going through the ground and back up, upon going into 3rd person the game freezes. If you have the NCR Ranger combat armor equipped it may start acting like a power armor (equips weapons like if you had power armor equipped and moves differently).
- After taking NCR armor in the building, putting it on, and leaving with it, your reputation with the NCR may reset to Neutral even after you take the armor off. This can be fixed by raising or lowering your reputation with any faction.
When fast traveling to the safehouse, sometimes the ability to enter it will disappear. The door will still be present but there will be no option to interact with it, the door will not even be solid. Reloading a save can fix the problem.
- Additionally, attempting to go into 3rd person, the game will freeze.
- Occasionally a single Legion Assassin will be waiting inside the cave when the player character enters for the first time.