In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
NCR heavy trooper
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
NCR Heavy Trooper
They have the best equipment the NCR can get its hands on, power armor salvaged from our war with the Brotherhood. Techs strip out the joint servos so you don't need special training to wear it. It feels like you're carrying a Brahmin on your back, but it can take a heck of a lot of punishment.”— Chief Hanlon
Clad in NCR salvaged power armor and armed with heavy weaponry, these elite troopers are some of the deadliest soldiers the NCR has at their disposal, second only to the Ranger Veterans of the NCR Rangers. General Lee Oliver has very high faith in his shock-troopers - yet under his command, Rangers are regularly used in lieu of heavy troopers, in roles the latter would be much more suited for.
In 2281, some Heavy Troopers are in NCR states protecting brahmin barons from small-time raiders to gain baron favor for the upcoming elections. NCR heavy troopers begin to appear after the player either activates or destroys the Securitron army in Mr. House's secret bunker underneath The Fort, or when the PC reaches a medium-high level. They are usually stationed in pairs.
- A pair of heavy troopers will replace the regular NCR trooper squad stationed at the 188 Trading Post.
- A pair of heavy troopers will also replace the NCR MPs at Camp Forlorn Hope when the Courier progresses to a certain time in the main quest line.
- A pair of heavy troopers also appear guarding Colonel James Hsu's office at Camp McCarran.
- Heavy troopers can also be found guarding the Hoover Dam visitor center regardless of the Courier's progression in the main quest line.
- If the Courier is declared a terrorist by the NCR, a squad of NCR Rangers will be dispatched to kill the Courier. After the most recent patch, this hit squad may include an NCR Heavy Trooper if the player is at a high level.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
NCR heavy troopers play a role in the final battle for Hoover Dam, especially if the Courier sides with a non-NCR faction.
- If the Courier sides with Mr. House or Yes Man, a pair of NCR Heavy Troopers can be found guarding the entrance to the Hoover Dam Control Room containing the control terminal which House/Yes Man wants the Courier to hack. These two heavy troopers have abnormally low health, having only 90 hit points each. If the heavy troopers catch the Courier entering the control room, it will turn them and the rest of the NCR soldiers at Hoover Dam hostile towards the Courier.
- If the Courier sides with Caesar's Legion, then a group of six NCR heavy troopers will fight alongside General Lee Oliver as his bodyguards in the final battle, serving as the "final boss" of the game.
|NCR salvaged power armor|
|Light machine gun or|
Hunting shotgun and
Drops on death
NCR heavy troopers appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- []: "The runners are saying that the NCR is sending in their elite shock troops to try and push back the Legion."
(Generic Great Khan dialogue)