As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
NCR trooper fatigues
NCR trooper fatigues
NCR trooper fatigues is a variant of the NCR Army armor in Fallout: New Vegas.
The standard uniform of the New California Republic Army is designed for ease of maintenance, production, and durability. Manufactured from inexpensive, rugged fabrics, it's the most recognizable element of the Republic's military might. Fatigues are the basis of the uniform, consisting of a tunic and pants. The tunic is roughly thigh-length with full length sleeves, and closed with five front buttons. For storage, two storage pockets are sewn onto the upper arms, with two frontal pockets just below the belt loops. The utility belt fits straight in, typically worn with a water canteen and two universal carry pouches. The tunic comes with a pair of leather, fingerless gloves. The trousers are a simple cut, with additional padding around the thighs and knees to provide protection in rough terrain. They are usually worn tucked into a pair of heavy-duty, cross-laced combat boots. Both the pant legs and the tunic sleeves are worn with cloth wraps, to seal them off and prevent sand from seeping in. Fatigues are usually worn in garrisons or by military policemen. In the latter case, they are also marked with a black band with MP emblazoned in white, capital letters. All fatigues come with a facewrap that can be pulled up to protect against the elements.
- NCR trooper armor
- NCR bandoleer armor
- NCR facewrap armor
- NCR mantle armor
- NCR Military Police armor
- NCR trooper fatigues
- New Vegas Strip: Worn by NCR troopers on leave.
- Nelson: The checkpoint set up on the road to Novac has two low-grade troops in fatigue.
- Mojave Outpost: Worn by Sergeant Kilborn.
- Primm: Worn by some NCR troops stationed at the outpost.
- Camp Guardian: A pack brahmin in the caves has ammunition and fatigues.
- Can be found on NCR troopers beside the lieutenant's Tent in Primm.
- Sergeant Kilborn wears one in the Mojave Outpost.
- The NCR outpost between Novac and Nelson has troopers that wear the fatigues.
Behind the scenes
- The NCR armor in general was inspired by uniforms worn by Commonwealth units during World War II.
Concept art by Brian Menze
- The geometry on some NCR armors is poorly made, resulting in them clipping into the player's field of vision while aiming (a black strip is produced across the screen).