Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Cleanup (More like Four States page)
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
The Southwest Commonwealth was one of the thirteen commonwealths of the pre-War United States of America. Created in the early 21st century, it was comprised of the former states of Southern California, Nevada and Hawaii, and borders the Northwest and Four States Commonwealth.
Nevada Wasteland[edit | edit source]
Non-Mojave Nevada[edit | edit source]
Like New Vegas to the south, Northern Nevada has its own gambling haven of New Reno. Though it is officially apart of the NCR by 2281, Reno is still operated by crimes families, but only the Bishops and Van Graffs. Other than Reno there's also Vault City, a small city formed after the opening of one of the few control Vaults. This city is also a part of the NCR. There have also been many failed communities in this part of the state in the 2240s, such as Broken Hills. Once led by Marcus he went on to form and lead Jacobstown in the Mojave.
Outside of Reno and Vault City and the failed communities, there is Gecko, once led by Harold. The 80s, a roaming group of raiders, lurk the I-80 and terrorize what few small towns there are outside of the Mojave, like Caliente.
Mojave Wasteland[edit | edit source]
The Mojave Wasteland is a wasteland that comprises South Nevada. The Mojave Wasteland is having power struggles between the NCR invaders, Caesar's Legion tribals, and Mr. House. The Hoover Dam and New Vegas Strip are the main interests and concerns. Drug running and gang life is rampant in the area, as well as runaway creatures and hostile wildlife.
New California[edit | edit source]
New California, also referred to as the Core Region or simply California, is a loosely defined area on the American West Coast and Southwest, notable for being one of the most detailed and fleshed-out regions of the setting. New California stretches from Baja in the south to Klamath in the north. It covers most of the pre-War state of California, southern Oregon, and western Nevada as well as parts of northern Baja Mexico, and is the home of the largest post-war country, the New California Republic.
Hawaii[edit | edit source]
Aside from once being apart of the Southwest Commonwealth, there has been no significant information of the current status of Hawaii post-Great War from any released source.
Known places[edit | edit source]
Southern California[edit | edit source]
- New California (Fallout, Fallout 2)
- Anza-Borrego (Mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas)
- Boneyard (Fallout)
- Cathedral (Fallout)
- Dayglow (Mentioned in Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout: New Vegas)
- Hub (Fallout)
- Irvine (Mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas)
- Junktown (Fallout)
- Lost Hills (Fallout)
- Necropolis (Fallout)
- Mojave Outpost (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Oak Creek (Mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas)
- Owens Lake (Mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas)
- Sac-Town (Mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas)
- San Onofre (Mentioned in Fallout: New Vegas)
- Shady Sands (Fallout, Fallout 2)
- Vault 13 (Fallout, Fallout 2)
- West Tek Research Facility (Fallout)
- The Divide
Nevada[edit | edit source]
- New California (Fallout, Fallout 2)
- Mojave Wasteland (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Area 2 (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Boulder City (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Camp Searchlight (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Cottonwood Cove (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Freeside (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Goodsprings (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Hoover Dam (Fallout: New Vegas, Van Buren)
- Jacobstown (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Nellis Air Force Base (Fallout: New Vegas)
- New Vegas (Mentioned in Fallout, Fallout: New Vegas)
- Nipton (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Novac (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Primm (Fallout: New Vegas)
- Red Rock Canyon (Fallout: New Vegas)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ecological damage was done to Southern California's western seaboard.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The Seal of Nevada on the Old Mormon Fort's sign
Nevada Highway Patrol badge, on the side of the Highway patrol car.
The Nevada licence plate from the Bumper sword.
- Fallout endings#Brotherhood of Steel: "The Brotherhood of Steel helps the other human outposts drive the mutant armies away with minimal loss of life, on both sides of the conflict. The advanced technology of the Brotherhood is slowly reintroduced into New California, with little disruption or chaos. The Brotherhood wisely remains out of the power structure, and becomes a major research and development house."
- Fallout endings#Khans: "The Desert Raiders pillage most of the northern parts of New California. They are a scourge that lasts for years, until a rebel army of mutants brings them down."
- Fallout endings#Followers of the Apocalypse: "The Followers of the Apocalypse rise to become a major influence in New California. With your help, they gain control of the LA Boneyard."
- Power plant operations