New Gad is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
Founded among the ruins of Gad, an extinct village flooded when the Summersville Lake was created after damming the Gauley River, the New Gad was established by raiders after the dam was blown up during the Christmas Flood of 2082. The flood wiped out Charleston, but allowed the raiders to create a shantytown among the muddy ruins, building on the remnants of the village with their unique architectural style.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The shantytown is a confusing mess of wooden walkways, muddy ground, and confined spaces (although it does make for one hell of a shooting range). Navigation can be difficult. Points of interest include the large shack in the center, with an armor workbench and a steamer trunk inside, just east of the green tug boat (which contains a locked safe), a chemistry workbench directly south of the steamer trunk shack, and a cooking station near the improvised hospital in the east.
Notable Loot[edit | edit source]
- Message to Beckley: Located on table one floor under the canopied deck.
- Tear It All Down: Located on table on canopied deck.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The town of Gad was a real-life town in Nicholas County on McKee's Creek that was bought-out by the United States Army Corps of Engineers during the construction of the Summersville Lake. It was located near the marina and possibly named after the real-life Gadd family.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Canned dog food and other packaged foods, Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Duct tape, cigar box, cigarette, cigar, Blackwater Brew bottle, New River Red Ale bottle, Oak Holler Lager bottle, Old Possum bottle, Pickaxe Pilsner bottle
Appearances[edit | edit source]
New Gad appears in Fallout 76.
- Name of the town and real-life history.