No Gods, No Masters is the final main quest in Fallout: New Vegas, if the players choose to ignore the 3 other main factions (NCR, Caesar's Legion, and Mr. House) and go it alone, by using Yes Man to help you to fight for an independent New Vegas. It is also an achievement/trophy.
It all comes down to this: Yes Man's Securitron army will take Hoover Dam and the Courier shall establish himself as the de-facto ruler of a fully independent New Vegas Strip.
- Enter the offices through the last Hoover Dam tower.
- Install the override chip into the large, multi-screened terminal; choose to either activate the Securitron Army beneath Fortification Hill or deactivate the dam's power output, rendering it useless to the NCR.
- On the same floor, go southeast past the second tower exit (with the kitchen) and open the door to Hoover Dam Power Plant 1. It opens to a balcony with the switch; flip it to power the east power plant on the western wall.
- Go back topside to deal with the Legion and NCR on the eastern side of the dam.
- Enter the Legate's camp to deal with the Legate, either by killing him or convincing him to surrender with Speech and Barter checks of 55, 65, 75, 85 and 100.
- Return to the camp entrance and deal with General Oliver, either by killing him and his entourage of six veteran rangers or convincing him to surrender with two Speech checks, one of 50 and another of 100.
|1|| ||Go to the Control Room in Hoover Dam and install the override chip.|
|2|| ||Activate the eastern power plant to power the Securitron Army.|
|3|| ||Exit out to the east side of the Dam.|
|4|| ||Head to the Legate's Camp and deal with the Legate and Caesar's Legion.|
|5|| ||Deal with General Oliver and the NCR.|
|6||Return to Yes Man with news of your victory.|
- Using Boone as a companion while pursuing the dream of an Independent Vegas can cause him to leave you if he catches you attacking any NCR. Since it is mandatory to go into the control room and activate Yes Man, this makes things a bit tricky. You don't have to worry about losing Boone if you have a mixed reputation with the NCR, like Wild Child and Soft-Hearted Devil. Another way to avoid losing Boone is to wear NCR armor, even though you're gaining infamy he won't leave because the disguise sets your NCR reputation to neutral.
- If the player has destroyed the Securitron army below The Fort during the Legion quest Render Unto Caesar before deciding to fight for an independent Vegas, Yes Man will make several seemingly good natured passive-aggressive comments about this fact throughout "No Gods, No Masters", commenting on how "brave" the Courier was to go for the extra challenge of fighting both the NCR and the Legion without a standing army. These comments usually come with a thinly veiled frustration behind the happiness in his voice.
- The phrase's origins date back to the French Revolution, a motto of which was "ni dieu, ni maître" -- "neither God, nor master." Since then, the phrase has been used by socialists (including anarchists and Marxists/communists) and feminists.
- If you are listening to the NCR Emergency Radio during the final battle for Hoover Dam, among the chatter about positioning snipers and reinforcing positions you may hear lines, "They're coming out of the walls man! They're coming outta the damn walls!" and, "Game over man! GAME OVER!". This is a reference to Bill Paxton's character Private First Class William Hudson from the film Aliens.
- Yes Man about what needs to be done at Hoover Dam, the game presents a pop-up warning about moving into the endgame. If you do not say that you want to move on to the end of the game, and leave New Vegas, this quest will not load and the gate to enter New Vegas will be locked, preventing you from getting back into the Lucky 38.
After you receive the briefing from
If you choose to run back out of the gate before facing the Legate, then you can fast travel from the area. Doing so causes you to be unable to fast travel from another location. This can be dealt with by walking into a building and back out, but you must do this every time to continue fast traveling.
- Lucky 38 penthouse, so he'll stay in wait mode as he was left as in the floor he was in. To fix this you have to open the companion wheel and tell ED-E to stay, afterwards tell ED-E to follow you.
After telling Yes Man that you're ready to go to the dam and if you have ED-E with you, ED-E will stay in the same spot where you start at, as no companions are allowed into the
- After the player has progressed in Render Unto Caesar to where you have to go to the dam, if you switch to Wild Card, when approaching Legate Lanius in his camp he will initiate the conversation from the beginning of Veni Vidi Vici. this will not activate the quest and you must make Lanius leave or kill him to finish the quest.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|