Female, Auto-calc stats
Lookin's free, the rest'll cost ya.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Nova was born in 2252. She spends most of her time hanging around the bar talking to the male clientele. Every now and then, she'll go up to a room with a new "friend." Her standards are not exactly high, but she explicitly will not sleep with ghouls. Her real job is to sweet-talk the male patrons and get them to spend money—on booze, company, or an outrageously priced bed for the night. One day a week—her day off—she goes shopping.
She has lived in Megaton since around 2272, but has grown unenthusiastic during her stay. This is in no small part due to how Colin Moriarty treats her like an object rather than a human being. Moriarty does not even trust her with her earnings, taking them and locking them up for himself. She has learned that that the best way to survive in this world is to keep your nose out of other people's business, which means she never works counter to Moriarty's interests. Needless to say, if Moriarty was out of the picture, she would retire from prostitution.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Nova works at Moriarty's saloon as a prostitute to pay back the debt she owes Moriarty. She hangs around the Saloon's first floor talking to the locals and the Lone Wanderer. For 120 caps you can rent a room with her.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: 120 caps.|
|This character is a pimp or prostitute and sells sex.||
Comes with the bed for a night.
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Following in His Footsteps: After inquiring about Moriarty and completing a successful Speech check, she will give you the password for Colin's terminal, which contains valuable information about your father. A male player with the Lady Killer perk can acquire the password as well.
Effects of player character[edit | edit source]
- When you inquire about hiring Nova's services she advises you to rent a room. When you inquire about the cost of the room she replies "Well... for you? A room and some company will run you 120 caps. Up front". After paying for the room she directs you to the room with the "big bed" and straight after finishing your conversation she walks up the stairs to the room, lies down on the bed and appears to fall asleep. Attempting to speak with her at this point will result in the usual dialogue choices. However, you do gain access to the bed for a period of time.
- Nova is not picky, both male and female players can acquire her services. If the Lone Wanderer is male and possesses the Lady Killer Perk, the dialogue and innuendo from her becomes more evidently playful and suggestive.
- If Colin Moriarty is killed she will take over the hotel, with Gob working the bar; of the newly christened Gob's saloon.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- She has unique lines of the Lone Wanderer meets her for the first time while wearing a Vault 101 jumpsuit.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Merc charmer outfit|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In non-player character to non-player character conversation, Moriarty admonishes her for using Jet.
- Nova and Jericho can be found in a conversation where Jericho propositions Nova for a relationship. She quickly declines, saying that her place is at Moriarty's and that she has to stay.
- She is one of the few people that will acknowledge Moriarty's death saying "Colin used to handle that."
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Hi there. I'm Nova. New to Megaton, huh? Do yourself a favor and keep walking. Some of us stay for a few days... and then it's five years later..."
- "With Gob? Well, he's sweet... and I know that he'd like to, it's just... well... I don't want to sound shallow or anything, I mean, I'm a whore, my standards aren't exactly high. But there are places even I won't go. Johnnies that are squishier than me are one of 'em." (reacting to working with a ghoul.)
- "You gotta learn you can't stick your neck out too far in this world or it's liable to get cut off."
- "Ohhh. You like it rough, huh? Well, that costs extra. Beat it, kid. Go look for Daddy somewhere else." (Her reaction to the Lone Wanderer being rude and demanding information of her.)
- "Mmmm. I'd love to spend time with you too. Look, I... can help you. Get into the back office of this place. Moriarty keeps a terminal there. Everything you want is inside the terminal. Here's the password to it. Too bad you're so young, kid. I could teach you some stuff you'd never forget..." (with the Lady Killer perk)
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Nova appears only in Fallout 3.