Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda throughout the Fallout series, see Nuka-Cola.|
Nuka-Cola Dark was the corporation's attempt at entering the alcoholic beverage market. Boasting 35% alcohol-by-volume, the unusual soft drink found its success at many of the finer lounges and restaurants around the country.”— Fallout 4 loading screen hints
Background[edit | edit source]
This particular variation of Nuka-Cola became the company's attempt at entering the alcoholic beverage market and appeal to the adult demographic. A ready to drink of Nuka-Cola and rum boasting an alcohol-by-volume content of 35%, the beverage was touted as "the most thirst-quenching way to unwind." Unsurprisingly, those partaking in the drink were recommended to not operate motor vehicles or heavy machinery for at least eight hours after drinking, and encourage women who are pregnant or may become pregnant to avoid the drink. Still, it found success in many of the finer lounges and restaurants across the nation.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Like most other alcoholic beverages, Nuka-Dark provides a +1 bonus to Strength and Endurance, but also inflicts a -1 penalty to one's Perception. Nuka-Cola Dark is also required to create Nuka-Bombdrop, Nuka-Cide, Nuka-Hearty, Nuka-Power, and Nuka-Void.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- One is rewarded to the Sole Survivor after completing Precious Medals.
- One can be taken from the animatronic in the Nuka-Cola Dark exhibit in the World of Refreshment.
- Another is found on the reception desk in The Parlor.
- Nuka Cola Dark label
- World of Refreshment tour: "Hey Mom and Dad, are you ready for a night out on the town? Then pick up an ice-cold Nuka-Cola Dark and experience the most thirst-quenching way to unwind. Nuka-Cola Dark: that refreshingly familiar Nuka-Cola taste with a light alcoholic twist. 35% alcohol by volume. Do not consume Nuka-Cola Dark if you are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant. Do not operate motor vehicles or heavy machinery for at least 8 hours after drinking."
(World of Refreshment announcer's dialogue)
- Nuka-World loading screen hints: "Nuka-Cola Dark was the corporation's attempt at entering the alcoholic beverage market. Boasting 35% alcohol-by-volume, the unusual soft drink found its success at many of the finer lounges and restaurants around the country."