Old World Blues is the final main quest in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on, Old World Blues.
With all the technologies retrieved, it is time to confront Mobius at the Forbidden Zone... or is it time to confront the Think Tank?
- Talk to Dr. Klein after retrieving all of the technologies required.
- Enter the Forbidden Zone Dome entrance.
- Defeat or disable the X-42 giant robo-scorpion.
- The room farthest to the right with stair leads to a terminal that activates X-42 backup generator, which overloads and damages the X-42 giant robo-scorpion.
- The room on the left has a terminal that requires a Science of 50 to hack and allows turrets to turn on the X-42 giant robo-scorpion and deal some damage to it.
- To the right is a room that has a switch to activate the Protectron target drones, which will distract the robo-scoprion.
- The balcony room on the far left contains a terminal that requires a Science of 100 to hack; alternatively the password is on a holotape to the right of the rightmost protector bay. The terminal allows the option to permanently shut the robo-scorpion down.
- Enter Mobius' lair and reason with or kill him.
- Reclaim or reason with your brain.
- Reason with or defeat the Think Tank.
- To reason with them, a Speech check of 75 is required, followed by a Medicine of 85 or a Science of 100. Alternatively, if the Courier completed at least three of the four Think Tank quests (What's In A Name?, On The Same Wavelength, A Brain's Best Friend and Coming Out of Her Shell) Klein can be told to confer with his colleagues, who will support the Courier's view.
|10|| ||Return to the Think Tank and let Dr. Klein know you have completed your tasks.|
|20|| ||Travel to the Forbidden Zone Dome.|
|25|| ||Disable or destroy the X-42 giant robo-scorpion.|
|30|| ||Confront Dr. Mobius at the Forbidden Zone Dome.|
|35|| ||(Optional) Satisfy Dr. Mobius's curiosity about what it's like to be killed.|
|40|| ||Retrieve your brain from the Forbidden Zone.|
|50|| ||Confront Dr. Klein at the Think Tank and end your imprisonment at Big MT.|
|51|| ||(Optional) Retrieve the Sink Auto-Doc's personality holotape from Y-17 to restore the Auto-Doc's functionality.|
|52|| ||(Optional) Use the Sink Auto-Doc to retrieve your original heart.|
|53|| ||(Optional) Use the Sink Auto-Doc to retrieve your original spine.|
|60|| ||Kill Dr. Klein and the other members of the Think Tank.|
|70||Leave the Think Tank.|
- If you finished three or more of the Think Tank's personal quests and ask Dr. Klein to consult his colleagues, having completed Doctor 8's quest, when it is his turn to speak, Klein will say, "Et 2, 8?" in response, referring to Gaius Julius Caesar's last words to Marcus Junius Brutus. It is also a reference to another quest in Fallout: New Vegas, Et Tumor, Brute?.
- Come Fly With Me and That Lucky Old Sun. If this happens, reload the autosave where you entered Mobius' room and pick alternate dialogue options.
When the brain is asked if it wants to be reunited with you, choosing the compromise option, the second choice, will result in a never ending loop of the brain talking about the quests. This only seems to happen if the player has completed
Before entering the Forbidden Zone Dome, it is advisable to make a new separate save as when entering through the main entrance into the arena with the X-42 giant robo-scorpion, it is possible to load under the catwalk and become stuck there.
After finishing this quest by either killing, or talking to the doctors in the Think Tank, the game may crash as the player tries to leave. This bug occurs when you have a hunger greater than zero, and, inherently, only in Hardcore Mode.
- Dean Domino in the Dead Money add-on.
If certain choices are made in dialogue, it is impossible to reason with Mobius and killing him becomes the only option, even if the correct skill checks are completed. This is a similar situation to what may happen with
When the protectrons inside the Forbidden Zone Dome are activated, a seemingly unlimited/invincible number of them may keep attacking the X-42, creating an effective distraction when attempting to destroy the X-42.
- A possible fix for this bug involves a repair check to fix Mobius' monitor, which can re-initiate the dialogue path needed to avoid killing Mobius.
- Even with all the holotapes located and installed, the only options available while interacting with the Sink Auto-Doc are heal yourself and respec your traits. This bug seems related only to the Spanish version of the game.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|