Old World Gourmet
Old World Gourmet
Thanks to unclean living you've learned the secrets of the lounge lizards! +25% Addiction Resistance. +50% Health bonus from Snack Foods. Scotch, vodka and wine now give you Health in addition to their normal effects.”— In-game description, Dead Money
First, the perk increases the amount of health given by the various types of so-called "Snack Food" by 50%. This increase is done by modifying the duration of health restoration; for example, the health restoration effect of junk food is changed from +1(5s) HP (1 hit point-per-second for 5 seconds) to +1(7s) HP (1 hit point-per-second for 7 seconds).
Second, the perk adds a health restoration effect to wine, vodka, and Scotch, as well as the Scotch variants irradiated Scotch and Jake Juice. The effect is the same for all: +2(10s) HP (2 hit points-per-second for 10 seconds).
Finally, the perk modifies the player's chance of addiction, reducing it by 25%. This is a multiplicative change, meaning that (for example) items which normally have an addiction chance of 10% will instead have an addiction chance of 7.5%. This change applies to all sources of addiction, even those items not otherwise affected by this perk.
This perk modifies the amount of health given by the following items:
- Snack Food (additional 50% health)
- BlamCo Mac & Cheese
- Dandy Boy Apples
- Fancy Lads Snack Cakes
- Junk food
- Pork n' Beans
- Potato Crisps
- Salisbury Steak
- Sugar Bombs
- YumYum Deviled Eggs
- Alcohol (adds 2(10s) health restoration)
- The 50% health increase for snack foods is rounded down to the nearest whole number, meaning that for most snack foods the actual health increase is 40%. The only exception is for irradiated Sugar Bombs, which round up, providing a 57% increase in health restoration.
- The perk picture contains the Vault Boy sitting at a table piled with alcohol and pre-War foods. Some distinguishable ones are Scotch, Vodka, Wine, Potato Crisps, and Fancy Lads Snack Cakes. There is 1 additional box of food and 1 bottle of alcohol that cannot be identified as any specific in-game item.
- The healing granted by alcohol is improved by a higher Survival skill.
- irradiated Salisbury Steak is set improperly, causing the health bonus to always be applied regardless of whether the perk has been taken or not. The condition for