Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Smell that air! Couldn't you just drink it like booze? *laughs*”
Background[edit | edit source]
An NCR convict who served time in the NCRCF, Swanick joined up with Eddie's crew and was a regular visitor of Nipton, partaking in the many vices the town had to offer. His recent visit took a turn for the worse, as after the Legion murdered the NCR troopers on leave in the town, they turned on the Gangers and the townsfolk. Forced to draw lots, Swanick watched as Vulpes' legionaries beheaded, crucified, and burned alive them all. When they took hammers to Boxcars' legs, Swanick became the sole winner of the lottery, permitted to leave the town. The Courier encounters him just as the ecstatic former ganger leaves the town, swearing off his Ganger allegiance.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character provides miscellaneous services.||
Swanick is encountered when the player enters the town, foreshadowing the fate that befell its inhabitants. He will leave the town and run away to the scorpion burrow's entrance, where he's likely to be killed by the radscorpions that spawn in the area or by the Jackals on the way.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Random Powder Ganger apparel
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "YEAH! Who won the lottery? I DID!"
- "What lottery? The lottery, that's what lottery! Are you stupid? Only lottery that matters! Oh my god smell that air!"
- "Smell that air! Couldn't you just drink it like booze?"
- "Not anymore, I'm a free man."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Until a patch corrected it, the flag to prevent Swanick from respawning was not set properly, resulting in the lucky winner reappearing constantly at Nipton.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Oliver Swanick appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.