Operation: Anchorage! (quest)
|For the add-on, see Operation: Anchorage (add-on).|
Quick walkthough[edit | edit source]
- Fight your way through the trenches.
- Enter the Chinese compound.
- Defeat General Jingwei.
- Take what you'd like from the VSS armory.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After destroying the Chimera depot fuel tanks and clearing the listening post of Chinese presence in Paving the Way, you now enter the heart of the map in order to disable the pulse field barring American power armored soldiers from attacking the Chinese base of operations.
Disable the pulse field[edit | edit source]
This time you have to make do without the assistance of your squad. Instead, Sergeant Montgomery alone accompanies you. The first line of the enemies' defense includes scattered mortar fire followed by deep trenches. Once down in the trenches you are confronted with various stealth units and snipers. After a while, you arrive at the final line of Chinese defense, the pulse field. As demonstrated by American power armored soldiers, soldiers wearing power armor are not able to enter the field safely, which is why it's your job to head to the building on the far right and disarm it.
Enter the Chinese compound[edit | edit source]
With the last defensive barrier fallen, it is time for the assault on the Chinese compound, an occupied refinery. Once the field is disarmed the power armored soldiers begin their attack on the Chinese compound turrets, and eventually destroy the front gates revealing the door to the final confrontation with General Jingwei. Cross the field and enter the building.
Kill General Jingwei[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the refinery your character will freeze as Chinese soldiers and American soldiers (with Benjamin Montgomery) begin to fight. Amongst this fighting you will witness General Jingwei, commanding officer of the Chinese troops at Anchorage, calmly executing an American captive with his infamous shock sword.
In the following dialogue you can convince him that the battle is lost through a Speech challenge, resulting in Jingwei committing suicide with his sword to presumably "preserve his honor". If you do not pass the Speech challenge, the General will attack you. He has unusually high HP, and is the strongest non-player character in the game so make sure you are prepared. His shock sword also deals a considerable amount of damage.
Report to General Chase and leave the simulation[edit | edit source]
Once Jingwei is defeated, all non-player character's are frozen in place and General Chase appears right in the middle of the final battle and tells you that the simulation is over. He also rewards you with the Covert Ops perk if you have obtained all Intel suitcases. You then leave the virtual reality and return to the VSS facility.
Gain access to the VSS armory and take what you want[edit | edit source]
Back in the simulation pod at the Outcast Outpost, you can now proceed to the terminal at the opposite end of the floor (where the Outcasts are already waiting for you) and open the armory. Inside you find assorted weaponry, ammunition and other supplies including some unique items; refer to "Reward" below for a detailed listing.
Upon completion of the simulation, Defender Sibley and Protector McGraw start a dispute. Sibley does not want to share any of the unlocked equipment with you whereas McGraw insists that "a deal is a deal". The disagreement results in a revolt by the Defender and most of the unnamed Outcasts against the Protector and Specialist Olin, with yourself ending up as a target for the mutineers as well. If you protect McGraw from Sibley's attack he will only reward you with some friendly dialog. If Olin survives she offers you her ability to repair your equipment, however her repair skill is only equal to the regular Brotherhood scribes at 51%.
Intel suitcases[edit | edit source]
The last 2 of the 10 Intel suitcases required for gaining the Covert Ops perk can be found during this mission. Please refer to the main article for their locations.
It's also possible to return to the areas to get the cases from Paving the Way, if they were missed.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Enemies with flamers only spawn when a certain proximity to their location has been reached.
- If the player attacks the traitors before they attack McGraw, all of the Outcasts will be hostile toward him.
- If the player attacks any of the Outcasts before entering the simulation, all of the Outcasts will continue to be hostile toward him once he leaves it.
- If the player attempts this quest before "Paving the Way", it simulates an artillery barrage which automatically kills the player.
- After being granted access to the "treasure room" if you stay there for awhile the Outcasts will become hostile and attack you. They refer saying that they finally have the bunker open and should kill the Lone Wanderer to keep all the weapons to themselves.
- if you silently kill sibly before the simulation no one will turn hostile as he is needed for the script to start however the game thinks you stopedd the uprising and you get the rewards for doing so.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- At times, after exiting the simulation your Geiger counter will continue to click. Reverting to a previous save anytime in the simulation will not fix it nor will moving to a different area or quitting to the main menu and reloading. You will need to restart your console to fix. Leaving the Outpost via the elevator will also fix this bug.
- On occasion, if you convince Jingwei to commit suicide, he will attempt to stab at himself, but he will miss, and still die. This can make some humorous results.
- If you enter the Chinese Compound at the same time as one of the power armor soldiers, sometimes you will be locked in the cinematic mode and will not be able to experience the dialog with Jingwei. Neither of you will be able to move and you must wait for one of the soldiers to kill him or quit the game and reload from the main menu. If you load from the menu, Jingwei's dialog should commence.
- Sometimes if you load a autosave of the Chinese HQ with Jingwei, you will be stuck in cinematic mode and the game will not continue. to fix this issue, load a different save file
- Sometimes, your own allies will attack you, making the fight with General Jingwei extremely dangerous, as you are taking damage from your own people.