Oversized and undersized items
It is a Bethesda tradition to add giant versions of items to their games, and Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are no exception.
Oversized and undersized items are items which are scaled larger or smaller than normal.
They can be used as unique decorations for your house. Items of unusual size exhibit slightly peculiar behavior compared to "regular" objects, you can pick them up from where you found them and drop them somewhere only once. You can keep them in your inventory or in storage indefinitely (though you won't be able to tell them apart from a regular item of the same type). Drop them on the ground and they will still retain their size, however if you pick the item up and drop it again, it will lose its "special" size and become a normal object.
Fallout 3[edit | edit source]
Base game[edit | edit source]
- In Bethesda ruins there is an undersized skull right next to a Bobblehead - Lockpick.
- There is an oversized teddy bear in Red Racer Factory near the main entrance. Go straight to the first assembly machine, go left and jump the barrel on your right side. There will be a copy of Dean's Electronics and a large teddy bear sitting on a very large tricycle. Either shooting it or picking it up will drop it from the air.
- In Fort Independence, there is an oversized empty syringe and forceps sitting on the right side of the medical table.
- In Republic of Dave, go to the museum. Next to the Bobblehead - Perception, it seems there is a fish bowl, but actually it's an oversized hot plate. Try to pick it up and it will move automatically, there is a hula doll inside the hot plate, however you can't pick it or take it. The hot plate must be stolen.
- In SatCom Array NN-03d, go to NN-03b-B by underground from NN-03b-A. You will see a section of the room that looks like a laboratory. Right next to it you can see a passage has been blocked by nailed up planks of wood. If you take a look inside, there is a giant teddy bear locked up by the barricade. It is possible to take the teddy bear. Lay 15-20 mines at the nail boards and shoot them, a part of the teddy should be sticking out so you can take it.
- In the same building, there is a chessboard full of under sized garden gnomes, whiskey bottles and wine bottles that are being used as chess pieces.
- During Following in His Footsteps, before seeing the GNR building plaza, you will see a dead Brotherhood of Steel soldier lying on a bed. There is a laser pistol and few rounds of energy cells that are slightly larger than the regular ones. The cells will revert to normal scale when dropped.
- A giant green plate can be found in the Common House in Big Town, next to the radio.
- A copy of Duck and Cover in Springvale School is a larger version of the regular one.
- 4 oversized wrenches can be found in the Robot Repair Center. One is in the Mechanist's room on one of the shelves, two are on a work area in the EMP room near several broken protectrons, 1 is on a work area next to a turret control in the room underneath the EMP units. (Note that activating the EMP may scatter the wrenches)
- The Zane House in Minefield has many oversized green plates, as well as a large teddy bear.
- Surgical tubing of various sizes can be found in the Anchorage War Facility.
- The Sniper Shack contains a large teddy bear.
- Three tiny cue balls are in the slaver barracks in Paradise Falls, they are inside the cups sitting on top of the pool table.
- Two tiny Nuka-Cola trucks, half the size of normal ones, can be found in County Sewer Mainline on the top shelf by a ghoul named Gallo.
- A large chessboard can be found sitting on a table at Fort Constantine in the CO Quarters, another in a small room in the Personnel Offices.
- A large, normal, and small hammer can be found inside the Temple of the Union building.
- Three large Stealth Boys can be found at the Museum of Technology. One in the atrium, two more on the upper level. Despite being "display" models, they still function identically to regular Stealth Boys.
- Inside Tenpenny Tower, on the 3rd floor, (inside Michael Hawthorne's room) large and normal size vodka bottles can be found. Inside Herbert Dashwoods room you will find a few medium size garden gnomes.
- There is another oversized copy of Duck and Cover in the ticket booth at Falls Church/Mason Dst Metro.
- There is a very small tricycle in the temple of the union, inside the store room, however you cannot pick it up.
- Both undersized and normal wrenches can be found on the workbench in the vampire lair of the Meresti Service Tunnel.
- Both an oversized cup and glass pitcher can be found in Rock Creek Caverns.
- A small pair of scissors can be found near a normal pair of scissors, scalpels, and empty syringes on the medical cart, behind a screen in Cutter's Clinic in Paradise Falls.
- An oversized triangle can be found on the pool table near the exit to Metro Central in the Museum Station.
- Both an undersized drinking glass and shot glass can be found at the Calverton chapel its on the table next to the rigged shotgun.
- Locations where your father has served as a doctor, such as Vault 101 and Project Purity, will have undersized stimpaks on medical trolleys.
- There are two undersized tin cans inside the Galaxy News Radio building, on a book case in the upper right hallway. On a table in Three Dog's room, there is a tiny dead tree in a tiny concrete plant holder.
- At Lucky's, south of Warrington Station, there is a small damaged gnome where you find the lucky shades, they must be stolen.
- In the secret room with the issue of Guns and Bullets in the Museum of Technology, there are two undersized bottles of Nuka-Cola on a shelf in an open refrigerator, along with two normal stimpaks and four normal bottles of purified water.
- In Tenpenny Tower, The Cafe Beau Monde has a couple of slightly undersized coffee mugs and glass pitchers .
- In Fort Bannister Main there are 2 wrenches next to each other, one small and one large.
- In Bethesda Underworks, on a makeshift bed, you can find an undersized pot filled with three bottle caps, however you cannot pick them up.
- In Underworld Outfitters on the workbench one mini-wrench and a normal wrench can be found.
- At Mama Dolce's there are three undersized ammunition boxes.
- At Springvale School there are three undersized kids' sinks.
Operation: Anchorage[edit | edit source]
- Outcast Outpost: In the room with the corpse of Gary 23, there are four large pairs of scissors, four large scalpels and four smaller Med-X packs. On a table upstairs, there is a large butter knife.
The Pitt[edit | edit source]
- An abandoned apartment building (northwest of the Haven) has some oversized red, green, and white dinner plates on the second floor. There are also a few tiny damaged lawn gnomes in the same building.
Broken Steel[edit | edit source]
- In the Old Olney Underground, a small garden gnome can be found in the bathtub near the entrance (This gnome may not look small, but placing it next to a regular gnome reveals that it is). There is also a small red ball in this tub, and a very miniaturized sea tub, but neither object can be placed in the player's inventory.
- Also in the Old Olney Underground, there is a small basketball, it is located to the room on the left of the ramp leading up into the hospital. This room can easily be overlooked, as it is directly beside the ramp, and can only be accessed by hugging the wall on the left side.
- In the Old Olney S. Wilson Building, there is a garden gnome and teddy bear drinking whiskey in the northwest corner of the third floor. The teddy bear is oversized, and near the teddy bear is a small pre-War bonnet and some sexy sleepwear.
- In the Olney Powerworks, there is a teddy bear and a garden gnome playing checkers in a room accessed from a collapsed hallway access from the room with purple static and several sentry bots. The teddy bear and gnome here are both large. They are playing checkers with 8 small milk bottles and 8 small beers.
- In the Olney Powerworks, there are two miniature spaceship playground models beside the two turrets in the locked down hallway. There are arrows pointing from underneath these models that reveal two ammunition boxes that hold a considerable amount of alien power cells, (mid 40's with the Scrounger perk).
- In the Presidential Sub Level, there is a small red ball in a small sub-room to the right as soon as you enter the area. The ball is located in a box with a regular toy car.
- There is a small garden gnome behind a Nuka-Cola bottle underneath a desk in the Flight Control Tower in Adams Air Force Base.
- There are 14 small forks in the mess hall of the Launch Platform Base in the Mobile Base Crawler. These forks each sit right next to a regular fork.
- There is a noticeably undersized terminal at the outpost southeast of Old Olney on the hill.
Point Lookout[edit | edit source]
- In Calvert Mansion, there is a child room much similar to the character's when he or she was a baby. In the room there is a child area with 2 red balls, one normal sized, the other small.
- At Haley's Hardware there is a large damaged garden gnome at the front the door.
- In the Calvert Mansion dining room, there are several small drinking glasses and forks on and around the table.
- In the Ritual Site, there is a table with a dinner scene on it. There is a small damaged garden gnome, 2 small forks, 2 small wild punga fruits, and 3 small tin plates.
- In the People's Bank of Point Lookout, in the bottom left-most deposit box, there is a small scene with a small intact garden gnome, small plunger, and small toilet.
- Two undersized Nuka-Cola Quantums can also be found, one in the Calvert Mansion's Panic Room, the other in the Trapper's Shack's basement.
- There is a ridiculously large red ball in Ruzka's Lair, in the northwest.
- In the Chinese Intelligence Bunker, immediately to the right of the backwater rifle, there are some undersized brahmin ribcages that are possibly intended to belong to mice.
Console[edit | edit source]
- Select the item then use the setscale # command. After quick save and quick load, the item will change to the scale you specified.
- Teddy bears will glitch. It is more apparent the larger you make them. Fast traveling to another place and coming back will fix the appearance, however it may glitch into other objects.
- For those who accidentally lost the size to their treasured large teddies: (numbers indicate scale)
- Red Racer: 2.56.
- Snipershack: 1.54.
- Zane house: 1.50.
- Satcom NN03: 4.8
Fallout: New Vegas[edit | edit source]
Base game[edit | edit source]
- A larger than average white plate can be found in the Hostetler home. It's on the dining table with maize and buffalo gourd seeds.
- A large damaged garden gnome sits outside the Whittaker Farmstead.
- The Gourmand's kitchen area has several larger knives.
Honest Hearts[edit | edit source]
Old World Blues[edit | edit source]
- A hot plate approximately 25% smaller than its normal size can be found in a house in Higgs village.
Lonesome Road[edit | edit source]
Fallout 4[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.