Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Pinto bean pod
Pinto bean pod
Pinto bean pod (left) and plant (right)
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Pinto beans plants are unusual in that each plant yields two pods. This means that while they are perhaps the hardest plant to find in the game, they are not the rarest plant-based consumable.
Effects of Survival skill[edit | edit source]
|10||+1 Hit Point, -6 Starvation||60||+2 Hit Point, -11 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point, -7 Starvation||70||+2 Hit Point, -12 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point, -8 Starvation||80||+2 Hit Point, -13 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point, -9 Starvation||90||+2 Hit Point, -14 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point, -10 Starvation||100||+3 Hit Point, -15 Starvation|
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Pinto bean pods can only be obtained from plants or salient green, and the plants themselves are only found in two areas in the base game, making them moderately difficult to come by.
- There are seventeen plants along the banks of the Colorado River:
- Three along the west shoreline between Blue Paradise Vacation Rentals and Smith Mesa prospector camp.
- Two on the eastern shoreline due east of Cottonwood Overlook.
- Four more just north of there, east of Cottonwood Cove.
- Five more a little farther north of those four, beginning just southeast of Ranger Station Echo. The last one is east of the Lucky Jim Mine and right beside the entrance to the Deathclaw Promontory.
- Three more across the river from those five, on the west bank: one due east of the Lucky Jim Mine, one slightly northeast of Ranger Station Echo, and one due east Ranger Station Echo.
- There are sixty-seven plants available inside three greenhouses at the NCR Sharecropper Farms. Some will be counted as stolen but taking them will not result in Karma loss, and they will not have the stolen attribute when dropped.
- Fifty-four normal-sized plants in the two northwestern-most greenhouses.
- Thirteen miniature plants in the southwestern-most greenhouse.
- With the Old World Blues add-on, one plant is available once you have upgraded the Biological research station after the completion of Field Research.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The icon for the pinto bean pods resembles the wasteland omelet
- Like Xander root, pinto bean pods have no value.