Pinyon nuts are a consumable item in Fallout: New Vegas.
Pinyon nuts can be used as an ingredient for desert salad and trail mix, two strong healing items. Unlike most other edibles, pinyon nuts cannot be harvested from a plant; thus the only way to find them is to purchase them or find them out in the wasteland.
Effects of Survival skill
|10||+1 Hit Point, -12 Starvation||60||+2 Hit Point, -22 Starvation|
|20||+1 Hit Point, -14 Starvation||70||+2 Hit Point, -24 Starvation|
|30||+1 Hit Point, -16 Starvation||80||+2 Hit Point, -26 Starvation|
|40||+1 Hit Point, -18 Starvation||90||+2 Hit Point, -28 Starvation|
|50||+2 Hit Point, -20 Starvation||100||+3 Hit Point, -30 Starvation|
- Four can be found in Mick & Ralph's shop, in and around a box on the highest shelf closest to the stove, upstairs in the living area. They can be taken, but with a loss of Karma, as everything in Mick and Ralph's shop is owned.
- Four are in an open metal container on a shelf in the Storage Shed at Camp Forlorn Hope.
- Some pinyon nuts can be seen floating a noticeable amount off a desk in the Brotherhood of Steel's Hidden Valley bunker, on a desk in the teaching room.
- Pinyon nuts can easily be obtained at the Followers Safehouse when Doctor Luria there. While she is there, each time a refrigerator is opened, it will immediately spawn up to three new foods replacing any previous contents. The spawn list contains only 23 possible foods, of which pinyon nuts are one.
- East Pump Station: one on the right as you enter, on a bench in front of some lockers. One on the left, on a table next to two boxes of Potato Crisps.
- Goodsprings: In Chet's store, in one of the broken fridges.
- A bunch on a shelf against the wall where the Boomer Chef keeps his food.
- Occasionally sold by merchants that sell food items; Quartermaster Bardon and the food supplier at the Ultra-Luxe will likely have a regular supply. Players relying on Survival for healing, especially in hardcore mode, are strongly advised to buy them whenever possible as desert salad is one of the strongest healing food items in the game.
- They can be found in HELIOS One, next to the main terminal.
- Jas Wilkins at Sloan occasionally stocks 5 or 10 pinyon nuts.
- Occasionally found on Zion Tribals
- Pinyon nuts may be gained when trading NCR dogtags for food items with the Legion in Cottonwood Cove
- Found on the bedside table in the El Rey motel, in the 2nd room on the second floor of the motel, where the dead wastelander is. There are more pinyon nuts on the bedside table of the motel room on the first floor (the only room that is accessible), where the bark scorpions are.
- Sometimes found on dead Legionaries.
|Chems||Ant nectar · Ant queen pheromones · Antivenom · Auto-inject stimpak · Auto-inject super stimpak · Blood Shield · Buffout · Cateye · Coyote tobacco chew · Datura antivenom · Datura hide · Fire ant nectar · Fixer · Fiery purgative · Ghost Sight · Healing poultice · Healing powder (Legate healing powder) · Hydra · Jet (Dixon's Jet) · Med-X · Mentats (Berry Mentats, Grape Mentats, Orange Mentats, Party Time Mentats) · Psycho (Slasher) · Rad-X · RadAway · Rebound · Rocket · Rushing Water · Stimpak (Stimpak, Expired, Stimpak, Homemade) · Steady · Super stimpak · Turbo · Ultrajet · Weapon binding ritual|
|Drinks||Absinthe · Atomic cocktail · Beer (irradiated beer) · Battle brew · Black coffee · Blood pack · Bitter drink · Dirty water (irradiated water) · Large Wasteland tequila · Moonshine · Nuka-Cola (ice cold Nuka-Cola, Nuka-Cola Quartz, Nuka-Cola Victory, Nuka-Cola Quantum) · Purified water · Rum & Nuka · Scotch (irradiated Scotch, Jake Juice) · Sierra Madre martini · Sunset Sarsaparilla (irradiated Sunset Sarsaparilla) · Vodka · Wasteland tequila · Whiskey (Dixon's whiskey, irradiated whiskey) · Wine (drugged wine)|
|Edibles||Ant egg · Ant meat · Banana yucca fruit (irr. banana yucca) · Barrel cactus fruit (irr. barrel cactus) · Bighorner meat · Bighorner steak · Blamco Mac & Cheese (irr. Mac & Cheese) · Bloatfly meat · Bloatfly slider · Blood sausage (black blood sausage) · Brahmin meat · Brahmin steak · Brahmin Wellington · Broc flower · Bubblegum · Buffalo gourd seed · Caravan lunch · Cave fungus (mutant cave fungus) · Cazador egg · Cook-Cook's Fiend stew · Coyote meat · Coyote steak · Cram (irradiated Cram) · Crispy squirrel bits · Crunchy mutfruit (irr. crunchy mutfruit) · Dandy Boy Apples (irr. Dandy Boy apples) · Daturana · Desert salad · Dog meat · Dog steak · Fancy Lads Snack Cakes (irr. Fancy Lads) · Fire ant egg · Fire ant fricassée · Fire ant meat · Fresh apple · Fresh carrot · Fresh pear · Fresh potato (irradiated potato) · Gecko kabob · Gecko meat (irr. gecko meat) · Gecko steak · Ghost People flesh · Giant rat meat · Grilled mantis · Gum drops · Honey mesquite pod · Human flesh · Human remains · Iguana bits · Iguana-on-a-stick · Imitation strange meat pie · Instamash (irradiated InstaMash) · Jalapeño pepper · Junk food · Lakelurk egg · Lakelurk meat · Maize · Mole rat meat (mole rat wonder meat) · Mole rat stew · MRE · Mushroom Cloud · Mutfruit (irradiated mutfruit) · Nevada agave fruit · Nightstalker tail · Nightstalker squeezin's · Noodles · Pinto bean pod · Pinyon nuts · Pork n' Beans (irr. Pork N' Beans) · Potato Crisps (irr. Potato Crisps) · Pre-War steak · Preserved meat · Prickly pear fruit · Sacred datura root · Radroach meat · Rat meat · Ruby's casserole · Salient green · Salisbury Steak (irr. Salisbury Steak) · Spore carrier sap · Squirrel on a stick · Squirrel stew · Strange meat · Strange meat pie · Sugar Bombs (irr. Sugar Bombs) · Thin red paste (thick red paste) · Trail mix · Wasteland omelet · White horsenettle · Xander root · Yao guai meat · YumYum Deviled Eggs (irr. YumYum D. Eggs)|
|Venoms||Bleak venom · Cloud Kiss (weak) · Cloud Kiss (potent) · Cloud Kiss (lethal) · Dark datura · Mother Darkness · Silver sting · Tremble|
|Miscellaneous||Doctor's Bag · Stealth Boy · Snakebite Tourniquet · Weapon repair kit|
|Cut content||Focus · Scorpion poison · Scorpion poison grease · Testfx|